I need some quick help/advice

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Caw

Reaction score
I have a plant that got out of control - large, bushy, minimal trichs. The friend I got the clone from told me to just cut it down and call it a loss. He stated it wasn't up to his standards and eventually did just that - putting the scraps/trim in his "machine" (he makes wax). It takes up a great deal of space and blocks light.

This morning I went down for some routine maintenance and decided to take some advice from some videos I watched last night - "help your plant concentrate its energy." I removed a ton of growth! This probably should've been done a long time ago but I was "greedy" and let it go for the most part.

My question is this:
What, if anything, can I do with all these scraps?

As stated, not very much trichs, but some, as my hands were super sticky and my sheers were gumbed up.

Is this something I could go grab some Everclear and soak for a while? Candidate for iso? Anything? Just seems like a waste to just put it in a trash bag and toss it...

Any comment/advice would be much appreciated.

I'm on a time frame as the wife is leaving and if a decarb is in order, it would be nice to do while she is gone, as she's not a fan of my new hobby.

Also, this plant is in its 9th (or 10th) week of flower. Plan was/is to either make something with it or have it on hand for a couple greedy, broke friends who have already stated how they "cant wait to test". I'm not trying to see them on a daily basis! I tried explaining to one of them that this wasnt/isn't free! Theres certainly been an extensive cost involved. To which I get, "yeah, I'm just playing."...no you weren't!

Attachments

• 20200201_113818.jpg
    20200201_113818.jpg
    73 KB · Views: 35
  • 20200201_113848.jpg
    20200201_113848.jpg
    99.3 KB · Views: 30
  • 20200201_113855.jpg
    20200201_113855.jpg
    93.1 KB · Views: 31
  • 20200201_113909.jpg
    20200201_113909.jpg
    96.9 KB · Views: 29
  • 20200201_114032.jpg
    20200201_114032.jpg
    54.1 KB · Views: 29
  • 20200201_114042.jpg
    20200201_114042.jpg
    69.9 KB · Views: 32
You could put it in Everclear. If the Trichomes are not mature I don't know what kind of high you would get. If you have the time, money and energy give it a go and see what you get.

This was the plant prior to this morning's trim.

It's been a never ending battle trying to keep this plant under control...I'm seriously about done with it.

I have another Cinderella 99 ready to go into flower. I'm gonna give it another week, max. If no real change, the whole thing is gone...

Attachments

• 20200129_174443.jpg
    20200129_174443.jpg
    77.6 KB · Views: 29
Can’t hurt to try to make some cannabutter with the little buds. I usually decarb it when dry but that doesn’t sound like an option.

You could put it in Everclear. If the Trichomes are not mature I don't know what kind of high you would get. If you have the time, money and energy give it a go and see what you get.
Thanks Hamster. It does have some cloudiness, but zero amber. I'll head to the store as soon as the wife leaves. I'll get trimming until then....

I have made butter with buds that had only clear trichomes. The brownies I cooked with that stuff gave a really racy buzz. Not my choice but some folks may like it.

Thanks Hamster. It does have some cloudiness, but zero amber. I'll head to the store as soon as the wife leaves. I'll get trimming until then....

If you have cloudy trichomes you should be good to go. It will most likely be more of an up high. Good luck. Oh, and yes, you have to decarb or you will not activate the THC.

Can’t hurt to try to make some cannabutter with the little buds. I usually decarb it when dry but that doesn’t sound like an option.
I do have an Excalibur dehydrator I could dry it out with...just wont be quick and will probably stick up the basement. I'm really getting tired of the smell complaints. I'm doing my best to contain it. But, I'll admit that I did make an ambitious promise that she wouldnt even know it was growing. She's holding me to it....

Do you have a carbon filter? They do a good job scrubbing odor.

Do you have a carbon filter? They do a good job scrubbing odor.
I do. But, the front door of the tent has/had gaps so scents would leak out. The gaps made me have to put the veg tent outside the storage room due to a different light schedule. This morning I fixed this issue by affixing a blanket over the front to stop scents from escaping and light from entering. I also added an intake fan with a speed controller. The other one I had was too noisy. The plan is to eventually move the veg tent into the same storage room area. Presently I'm out of compliance due to the veg tent not being behind a locked door...

Attachments

• 20200201_142757.jpg
    20200201_142757.jpg
    55.6 KB · Views: 18
  • 20200201_142811.jpg
    20200201_142811.jpg
    47.3 KB · Views: 19
  • 20200201_150946.jpg
    20200201_150946.jpg
    58 KB · Views: 17
  • 20200201_150808.jpg
    20200201_150808.jpg
    30.8 KB · Views: 17
  • 20200201_150815.jpg
    20200201_150815.jpg
    37.4 KB · Views: 14
So that was a pain in the ass! Sticky fingers.

Does anyone know the conversion for 5.5 ounces (about 160 grams) of wet plant to dry? Just wondering how much to add into the jar with Everclear...? Will I need multiple jars or can I cramp it into one?

I did find some small buds with amber trichs on them....

Attachments

• 20200201_142655.jpg
    20200201_142655.jpg
    81.3 KB · Views: 20
  • 20200201_142710.jpg
    20200201_142710.jpg
    71.5 KB · Views: 19
So that was a pain in the ***! Sticky fingers.

Does anyone know the conversion for 5.5 ounces (about 160 grams) of wet plant to dry? Just wondering how much to add into the jar with Everclear...? Will I need multiple jars or can I cramp it into one?

I did find some small buds with amber trichs on them....

I never figure out the conversion. I just make sure it is completely covered in the Everclear. Usually wet to dry is about 25 percent I believe. 1 pound of wet will get you 4 ounces of dry. I would do multiple jars just so the Everclear can get in there and do its thing.

I do. But, the front door of the tent has/had gaps so scents would leak out. The gaps made me have to put the veg tent outside the storage room due to a different light schedule. This morning I fixed this issue by affixing a blanket over the front to stop scents from escaping and light from entering. I also added an intake fan with a speed controller. The other one I had was too noisy. The plan is to eventually move the veg tent into the same storage room area. Presently I'm out of compliance due to the veg tent not being behind a locked door...
The exhaust fan should be creating negative pressure in your tent so you should not have odor sneaking out a gap in your tent. I had a problem with odor and replaced my filter twice because the first replacement didn’t work. Neither did the 2nd. Turned out that the cheapo dryer vent hoses I was using had tons of pin prick sized holes so the stinky air was being drawn in thru the holes and bypassed the filter. Replaced the hose and apologized to the carbon filter vendors for negative reviews and I have been stink free since...

Reactions: Caw
The exhaust fan should be creating negative pressure in your tent so you should not have odor sneaking out a gap in your tent....
That sucks about your vent hose. I dont believe I have that issue, at least I'm hoping not.

I should've added that the dehumidifier blows pretty strongly when on - it's a large one. It would blow the curtains open and expel the smells...

Should be taken care of now though. The blanket has also helped bring up the heat levels. It's about 5 degrees warmer last checked - although I realized I had forgotten to turn on the intake. I'll check again in a bit

Latest posts

Back