I scored, I think?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

oldsman

Reaction score
I've been looking at t5 lights to replace my old t12s. I came across an add on Craigslist for two 4ft 8 bulb Sunblaze fixtures, for $100 each in unopened boxes. I bought both! I think. I scored on these as a quick search showed them to price at about $230 or so on Amazon. I'm a very happy camper. These lights should drastically reduce the stretch I was getting trying to veg with a 4ft 4bulb t12.

winner winner---the bulbs will be wrapped in cardboard if they are not used---you might consider replacing them them if they are not wrapped

Yes, you scored! Great find. I love T5s for vegging....ummmm do you want to sell one of them?

I haven't opened it yet but says it has Spectralux 6500K bulbs installed. The seller had 3 fixtures but was keeping one for his own, which he plugged in and all 8 bulbs lit, was way brighter than what I have been using. I may get some extra bulbs just in case.

Don't rush out to buy new bulbs or wait to use it until you have, t5s have a long life

Was surfing EBay looking at some tents and things and came across a listing for a 4'x2'x60" tent for under $20:holysheep: .After double checking and visiting the sellers store and finding the listing there as well,I ordered 2 of them:hubba: .So I am set to receive 2 tents for under $40 with free shipping:D .Hopefully the seller won't try to back out even though they are a top rated seller,we'll see.

WHOA! I have just picked up (last month) a 4bulb 4ft Sunblaze fixture for $139.99 with my discount at local hydro store. So that's a great deal. You got the 8 bulb fixtures?!??!!? I'm with THG, do you want to sell one? LOL!! :)

Yeah,I'm stoked about my purchases these past few days.Now if those tents show up ,I'll be looking for a deal on an air cooled reflector,any suggestions on a style?

I'm a fan of those Big Kahuna hoods (though I don't own one) .. I'm surely a fan of the ones that "spread" the light a bit more. Seems better dispersion over the canopy.

I'm using a Yield Master II in each tent :)

This light has proven to me to be a really good light at a competitive price: hxxp://www.hpsgrowlightstore.com/hps1510/hot-best-value-1/ipower-grow-light-600w-hps-mh-dimmable-6-cool-tube-xl-set.html :) I have 5 of these and when I move to my new space I will order more of them. I use the Digilux bulbs which are fairly expensive but really nice and hold up quite well over time. They also put out significantly more lux at 2' than standard "Ipower" hps bulbs. :)

Thanks Ellis,Hush.I've got a 600W mh/hps with just a basic wing made by Apollo Horticulture that I'm pleased with.With my tent purchase I'm going to need a air cooled hood to keep temps inline as much as possible.Hush,I've seen the kind you are talking of and have been looking at similiar versions.I've got the ballast and bulbs,just looking for a different hood.I have to watch the deminsions as it can't be too wide.

Latest posts

Back