I smoked most of my first plants before they were ready

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

skullcandy

Reaction score
I use to cut small pieces of bud of the plant and place it on the cable box of radio what every was warm over night then smoke well when the plant was ready o didn’t have enough bud to actually learn how to cure and dry it so I’m wondering if anyone here has heard of drying the bud on the plant ? I want to flush with water as she is budding and just reduce the water so she will start drying and dying but I have no idea if it would work I did learn to dry sorrono peppers on the plant and even managed to get the same plant to start to veg when spring came around and new chiles to but how the heck do I do that with cannabis I’d like to pluck and package the bud or pluck and smoke but it sounds like a dream just a dream

I use to cut small pieces of bud of the plant and place it on the cable box of radio what every was warm over night then smoke well when the plant was ready o didn’t have enough bud to actually learn how to cure and dry it so I’m wondering if anyone here has heard of drying the bud on the plant ? I want to flush with water as she is budding and just reduce the water so she will start drying and dying but I have no idea if it would work I did learn to dry sorrono peppers on the plant and even managed to get the same plant to start to veg when spring came around and new chiles to but how the heck do I do that with cannabis I’d like to pluck and package the bud or pluck and smoke but it sounds like a dream just a dream
I am not sure if I am reading this correctly. Do you want the plant to dry before harvesting?

I may misunderstand here, but If you want the buds to dry on the plant, why not just cut the entire plant down and hang her to dry? That would slow down the drying.

If you can keep the plant in cool and humid (60%) conditions you’d be even better off.

I rarely if ever smoke a plant before it is harvested and dried and cured properly. I did last week just to sample a plant GMO sent me but that was a rare exception.

But I guess if you have nothin to smoke......

Harvest, hang upside down for approximately 7 days (until the smaller branches snap when bending). Humidity starts at 60% and slowly drops to 50%. Then I put the buds in paper sacks from 1 or two days and into jars.

Start out popping the lids every 4 hrs or so. Then it becomes a spongy/crispy dance or until the spongy feeling slowly goes away. The drying is now mostly done and the curing starts. In 25 ot 30 days the final product is good to go. NOW YOU CAN SMOKE IT.

I may misunderstand here, but If you want the buds to dry on the plant, why not just cut the entire plant down and hang her to dry? That would slow down the drying.

If you can keep the plant in cool and humid (60%) conditions you’d be even better off.
Not sure why maybe it’s because I have not learned to prepare it by chopping the plant down , I do know that if it’s possible to dry the buds on the plant and them stay healthy and potent that would be pretty kick ass to because I could keep 1-3 plants or at least that’s what I think but I am probably wrong

I am not sure if I am reading this correctly. Do you want the plant to dry before harvesting?
Kinda I want to flush it when it’s flowering and start reducing the water I give it so it starts drying just like plants outside that go dormant in the winter basically I want to know if they can dry right where they are and me just cut prices of it as needed Idk if that will even work which is why I asked , I want to see if it drys on the plant and then if the plant will start to veg again in the spring

I rarely if ever smoke a plant before it is harvested and dried and cured properly. I did last week just to sample a plant GMO sent me but that was a rare exception.

But I guess if you have nothin to smoke......

Harvest, hang upside down for approximately 7 days (until the smaller branches snap when bending). Humidity starts at 60% and slowly drops to 50%. Then I put the buds in paper sacks from 1 or two days and into jars.

Start out popping the lids every 4 hrs or so. Then it becomes a spongy/crispy dance or until the spongy feeling slowly goes away. The drying is now mostly done and the curing starts. In 25 ot 30 days the final product is good to go. NOW YOU CAN SMOKE IT.
Well that sure sounds easy

Kinda I want to flush it when it’s flowering and start reducing the water I give it so it starts drying just like plants outside that go dormant in the winter basically I want to know if they can dry right where they are and me just cut prices of it as needed Idk if that will even work which is why I asked , I want to see if it drys on the plant and then if the plant will start to veg again in the spring
Light and higher temperatures degrade cannabinoids. Allowing the plant to die in the sun or under lights by drying it out is possible(and how nature does it) but you will lose what most people are shooting for by growing cannabis-the effects of the cannabinoids. Properly drying and curing your buds is a critical as growing it.

Maybe I'm reading into this question/comment too far and wrong. I have been on the pinch hitter and coffee already this morning. Yeehaw.
It was hard for me when I was first starting out. It is nice smoking weed that you grew yourself even if it was early, zapped or placed on top of the cable box before you left for work in the am. Save some bucks, stock up, make a friend but DON'T tell them what your up to, get to the dispensory, heck, one of my buddies used to offer to clean out other peoples smoking devices for their resin, set the lighting so that it is lights off during your most active time of day, but find a way to stay out of it, and keep out of your grow until it is done. If your just a little bit happy with your own early buds Just Wait until you get to smoke some of your own that is actually finished all the way. You will be hooked on waiting from that point forward. Roughly what part of the world are you from by chance? I had a little pizza oven that you could set the temp starting at 150 and I thought at the time that THC waists at 180. I'd set it to 150 and in about 45 minutes you were smoking bud. Tasted like it wasn't done and a little like pepperoni but... Ahhh.. You should probably scratch that last comment. Instead of buying a pizza oven, get you some stash somewhere to hold you over. Patience grasshopper. hahaha.

Monkey is right. The waiting for your weed to be ready the last 2-3 weeks gets easier with time. It’s still aggravating as I have some in the tent that I thought for sure would be ready two weeks ago. I’m gonna look at them again today in hopes that at least one is ready 😊. Need to have some stash while you wait. Good Luck

Monkey is right. The waiting for your weed to be ready the last 2-3 weeks gets easier with time. It’s still aggravating as I have some in the tent that I thought for sure would be ready two weeks ago. I’m gonna look at them again today in hopes that at least one is ready 😊. Need to have some stash while you wait. Good Luck
THats the key ,to be flush with enough to let it do its thing nice and slow .
When you grow to sell you mostly never have enough.
When you grow for your head 1 plant could give you enough weed for 6 months

I've got weed and hash in the freezer from 2014. I really never have to grow again, but I'm gonna. It's nice to get a new flavor now and then, even when you've got a dozen in your stash.
Next grow, I'm saving the biggest bud from each plant and making hash out of everything else. Saves a bunch of trimming and curing.

Latest posts

Back