i think all my plants are dead!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sanchez

Reaction score
I went away for 7 days and bought these water dripper things that advertised that you could leave your plants for up to 10 days unattended. Anyhow they didn't work and I think the heat killed all my plants.

The leaves are still green but feel 'crisp' and they're drooping. Does anyone think my plants will make it? I've attached pics, sorry but my camera's no good and the sun is real bright today.

PICT0146.JPG

PICT0147.JPG

PICT0148.JPG

PICT0149.JPG

PICT0150.JPG

PICT0151.JPG

Sorry, they are goners. At least they were young and small. It's a real bummer when you are like 2 or 3 weeks from harvest and something like that happens.

ya... they look pretty toasted...

ok... here's what you could do... take the poor little things out of direct sunlight, mist them down, water them really good, and leave them in indirect sunlight... they MIGHT come back... highly unlikely, but what do you have to loose?

if they have anything that isn't fried above soil, they MIGHT survive - depending on the root system below soil.

sorry, bud... like I said... they look pretty toasted....

thanks. i misted them like you said and they're in a shady corner of my terrace. i'm just going to say a little prayer and hope that at least a couple of them survive. who knows man, miracles happen. i'm so pissed though.

add them to the compost pile they're gone.jmo

how about a picture of the water thingy, so noone makes the mistake.

do what crazy said. im new, but a friend just brought 18 baby clones over a week or 2 ago. they all look dead except a couple. Almost as bad as yours. i brought them all back except 2. Flood too, i flooded 'em with aireated water. at that stage most of the growth is under the dirt so they might be saved if you caught it in time. ill say a prayer for your babies too.:eek:

here are a couple after about a week. Very slow coming back. a LITTLE nutrients wont hurt. i have another thread floating around here, "How Much Bigger?" you can see the one thats in the pot with less soil, all the way to the right, middle pot, its now almost 8 inches, but the other with no nutes is still progressing slowly(maybe 1/4 " heighth, but getting greener.

428267-R1-022-9A_010.jpg

428267-R1-024-10A_011.jpg

DON'T THROW THEM AWAY YET!!! I had the same thing happen to my 4 clones and they looked exactly like that, maybe even worse. And everyone said they're goners, so i tossed all buy one. Well, i just left it alone in a pure water dwc setup, and it turned around and is now about 4 weeks away from a strong lil harvest! I stressed the hell out of it, but it didn't die or even hermie. Pot is a strong lil plant. Just treat it like its good and keep watering it for another month and see what happens. 4-6 more weeks keepin it around wont hurt ya, and u may get a surprise. Mine didn't change or start producing new growth for almost a month! And she surprised me.

ya idk bro i would say move on even if they do survive it will take them probly a month just to recover then to start veg growth from there. and even if they start veg growth most likely they will become hermies due to all of the stress. congrats old blue btw thats really suprising

TokeWithHope said:
ya idk bro i would say move on even if they do survive it will take them probly a month just to recover then to start veg growth from there. and even if they start veg growth most likely they will become hermies due to all of the stress. congrats old blue btw thats really suprising

Thanks Toke, yeah i was pleasantly surprised. I was gonna get rid of her a bunch of times, buy my gf kept sayin she has a good feeling about it and to give her a chance. But being our first time growing, i decided to wait it out and things turned out great. I only had time to veg her to 8" tall tho, due to moving soon, but she's already almost doubled in size while flowering and has about 50 1" buds on her. ;-)

haha hold on to your gf then shes a keeper lol. sounds great im preparing for my closet grow im just waiting to make a lil bit more money first. but congrats again on the successful crop

Ya take that advise from vancouver guy. You may have a chance to save them. Ive had some pretty bad clones before but they bounced back.

But here is where you went wrong so you dont do this again. That watering thing you have is not set up for MJ. MJ grows faster than just about any other plant in the world because it uses up more water. You were growing outdoors also. You definitely need more water for outdoors because evaporation is higher than indoors. So along with lack of water and the heat of August, you dried her up. Just keep her cool and watch for new growth. Good luck and keep growing

Unless this is some real quality seed stock, I wouldn't even consider trying to save these things. They will most likely suffer their whole lives from the stress they received. In addition, they will probably take as long to recover as it would take to grow some more plants. Just my $.02.

Also if they were grown from seed and not clone than the plants just recieved a massive does of stress during what many would call (this is not scientifically proven more of a consensus among growers and even then not all) the period when the plants sex is being determined. The chances of them herming on you now are way higher. Toss them and start again. Nothing ventured nothing gained right. If you learn something from this than it wasn't a total loss.

Latest posts

Back