I think I burned my pistils

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

smaccio

Reaction score
I'm wondering if a couple of potassium bicarbonate applications are responsible. I'm guessing it won't be a huge deal in the end, but I hate that I did it.

iPhone picture through the loupe...I wish I had one of those fancy usb microscope thingies to take pictures of small stuff.

IMG_4623.jpg

How much did you apply I spray mine every two weeks in early AM 2hrs before sun hits the leaves I also shake mon hits.
I shake the plants off after 10mins to dry faster before sun hits them.
Any liquid on pistils can burn the tips , they will be OK.
Cut it back to 1/2 the dose you gave . Less Pot/bi

Dang - what have I NOT sprayed on them...;);) Bt for the leetle worms most recently, but other than that not a lot. LCPT, hydrogen peroxide a couple of weeks ago. (Milk earlier in the summer...chasing that WPM).

So you spray AM?

"Sprayin' and Prayin'"

Dang - what have I NOT sprayed on them...;);) Bt for the leetle worms most recently, but other than that not a lot. LCPT, hydrogen peroxide a couple of weeks ago. (Milk earlier in the summer...chasing that WPM).

So you spray AM?

"Sprayin' and Prayin'"
Yes very early so the plant is almost dry not wet anymore when lights come on or sun is right on plants,
Water acts as magnifying glass and causes the burning you see on plants.

I made a rookie mistake years ago and neemed my plants in full sun Burnt the Pistils on every bud, but they survived. Some say you can not taste the Neem but I sure did.

A buddy of mine burned his plants with Neem so I've tended to avoid it as well. I think it tends to linger on the leaves longer, which makes it more likely to burn. I don't like the smell and feel of it anyways.

Latest posts

Back