I think one of my plants has an MG deff

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MrOysterhead

Mr Oysterhead
Reaction score
I think one of my plants has an MG deff , i dont have a pic right now ill post one in tomorrow, but could someone post a few pics, of what it what it looks like or a discription, i sprayed it with some epson salts the past 2 days to try to make it go down , it seems to be working sort of

yep we'll need a pic...but here is a pic of Mg def.

nietz160.jpg

Yeah, epsom salt is a good cure for MG defficiency. Just be careful while using it. A pic would be great. I hope your plant cures up well and continues growing! =)

~Burn One~
Dewayne

MrOysterhead said:
I think one of my plants has an MG deff , i dont have a pic right now ill post one in tomorrow, but could someone post a few pics, of what it what it looks like or a discription, i sprayed it with some epson salts the past 2 days to try to make it go down , it seems to be working sort of
Folier feeding is a temporary fix. You'll want to put one tablespoon of epsom salts per/gal of water you feed with.

Once you start doing this, you'll need to do it until the plant is harvested probably.

What are you using for nutrients? How much and how often?

I have Fox Farm nutes Ive used the Grow Big for the Vegg, but ive havent even really given them much of it yet, I have 5 plants it looks to me like 2 Indicas and 3 Staivas , not really sure but i go buy the leave shape because its bagseed, but anyways the 2 Indicas Have the problem , heres some pics thanks for the help

IMG_0707.JPG

IMG_0709.JPG

IMG_0710.JPG

IMG_0711.JPG

IMG_0712.JPG

IMG_0713.JPG

IMG_0708.JPG

what kind of soil are you using, to me it looks like it doesnt have anything in it for aeration.. just wondering?

since fox farm is a organic setup you need to be using it like their growth chart says on their site from seed birth. The only reason I wouldn't do that is if you have miracle grow soil with food in it, which would release that and do more harm than good.

2 of them actually do have some organic soil , but thoes are doing fine right now, the aeration, could be i used the soil called hyponics grwoing soil , its sand based someone told me, and it does get hard when it dries , i dont no it could be

I would suggest two things. One, transplant into larger containers and put about 25 percent of your mix in as Perlite or Vermiculite. The size increase will help keep your ph stable and the Perlite or Vermiculite will help hold moisture and aerate the roots well.

Secondly, I would advise you to try 1/4 to 1/2 strength nutes on them now. They're large enough and could use the extra nutes. That may indeed clear up your mg deficiency as well. Start with 1/4 strength and move up from there. You should be able to use nutes with every single watering. That's when you know you have the correct strength. The plant will grow better that way as well. Plants don't understand "skipping days". A steady, correctly adjusted nutrient supply with each watering will enable your plant to grow to it's maximum potential. You *HAVE* to use the correct amount of nutes to do this. Start small and work up with each feeding by just a little. When you see a *slight* amount of signs of over feeding, just back off with plain water for one feeding and then reduce the nutrient concentration to the step before the over feeding amount. As your plants get larger, they'll be able to utilize a more concentrated amount of nutrient. This is a constant adjustment until flowering. After a few crops, you'll become familiar with the amounts needed at each stage of growth with a particular nutrient. That's also why it's good to find a nutrient that you like and stick with it. If you switch around all the time, you'll never find the balance needed.

Be careful with the nutes and watch the plant closely after the first increase in nutes. Any signs of over feeding and flush immediately. Reduce the amount of nutes and try again until you find the correct strength for your plants at their current stage of growth and growing conditions.

Good luck man!

Latest posts

Back