I thought id start a journal!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tool46

Reaction score
So how is everybody?
So this is my second grow. Im using soil (Black gold). I have two rooms one is the closet vegging room only fluros by the way. (First pic). Second room is in the attic which tends to get about 100 if its a hot day. so we will se how they turn out there in flower 15 days in. Im also using Fox Farm Tiger bloom for flower, and big bloom for vegging ive been using a quarter of the recomended dose and they still seem to have nute burn (tips yellow). My flower room is equiped with one 400w HPS Light with two inline fans pulling heat out of the ventible hood directly outside. And one pulling fresh air in. My PH is 7 give or take fair minimal. And thats about it. My clones are doing ok i think. for 2 weeks old. Let me know what you guys think. And i will keep you upated.

DSCF0404.JPG

DSCF0406.JPG

DSCF0408.JPG

DSCF0414.JPG

Your grow rooms look awesome... as do your plants. I'm not an expert on nutrients so I'm not gonna try to diagnose your problem, but are you sure you have the right kind of nutes for vegging? I didn't think you were supposed to use any kind of blooming nute during veg... but like I said, I'm not an expert.

at 100 degrees i think all plant growth stops, just add a fan pointing at your lights and that how i handled my temp situation

You don't want big bloom for veg, that could be the problem too much P and K? Is it as hot in the veg area as it is in the attic, that could cause the tips to yellow also.
In a hot attic, with the light cycle in the daytime, a fan blowing at the light isn't going to do much if anything.

whats up Tool46. Grow is looking good. Have you thought about putting a small A/C up in your attic. You might want to think about it because 100 degrees is very hot.

sorry biffdoggie, i meant to say im using grow big for veg not big bloom. TBG yeah i think i might have to add an a/c. a couple more weeks and i can afoord it.

nice looking plants, do you happen to know the strain?

no im paranoid about buying seeds these are all bagseed!

Just an update. My clones are doing great. Heres a few pics, the first are my original clones which will go into flower next and by the looks of them there going to big and lushes. the rest are day 21. tell me what you think. Puff puff pass. Coments are always welcome, good or bad. hint hint.

DSCF0422.JPG

DSCF0436.JPG

DSCF0440.JPG

DSCF0441.JPG

DSCF0442.JPG

Looking good Tool46. Looks like your on your way to having a nice jungle there. Can't wait for the next round of pics. Great job man. ;)

Well you got to love this heat! LOL Not really my flower room got up to 120 degrees possbly higher and well to say the least my plants got pretty fried..
"Biffdoggie" i should have listened to you from the start. I switched my light cycles to where they come on at night and off during the day. I hope they can recover. alot of the new growth white hairs have been crisped. I should have a few pics up later tonight.

Well here is a few pics. Is there any hope for them? The temps are much better now since i changed the cycles. Any tips will help. Or should i just toss them? i have more plants in my veg room which need to be flowered soon anyways.will they make it or should i toss em? Please help

DSCF0453.JPG

DSCF0455.JPG

DSCF0456.JPG

No one has any advise this hasn't happened to anyone before come on guys i need some help. Should i just toss them? And throw my clones into flower or will these be ok? should i keep um going and see what happens what do you guys think?

They do not look good, I would give them a few more days before you do anything. What are the current temps running at?

currently the lights are on and the temps are just below 90 degrees f? Any tips on helping them recover?

oh man they don't look good... I would water them with half a cup of water and place it in a cool lighted area... treat it like you are cloning a new plant except apply cool LIGHTING like florescent if possible. The trick is getting NEW green leaves to sprout cause the bad ones you have can't photosynthesis, make sure the old leaves get a light mist spray of water so they won't dry out..to save this plant will take alot of attention...that's the best I can offer

Hey tool those girls are lookin sweet. Keep it up

Rocky...are you being sarcastic or are you blown??? Dont kick the man in the balls while he is down...Those plants look fried and we all know it, Tool best of luck salvaging those babies...

Latest posts

Back