I want cooler temps.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I think it is.....I sure dang hope so!!!! LOL.

Didn’t you say you had your intake flaps closed because of worrying about light. i get mixed up sometimes on different threads… if so it Sound like you need more intake. May need to find another way to shield the light still letting the air in somehow.

‘do you have a dimmer switch on your vent? If so I’d crank it up.

does your humidity also increase when the temp goes up that quick?
Yeah, I have a flap. I opened it, but no difference noticed.
I do have a dial, I have it at 4 right now. I do not see any decrease in temp when I turn it up though.
My humidity actually drops when the temp rises.

Yeah, I have a flap. I opened it, but no difference noticed.
I do have a dial, I have it at 4 right now. I do not see any decrease in temp when I turn it up though.
My humidity actually drops when the temp rises.
Is there another flap you can open? Any reason your vent is only set at 4?
I can manage my heat and humidity pretty well with airflow thru my exhaust. It sounds like you need more exhaust. Could there be something blocking your vent hose air flow? Just trying to brainstorm what is going on. Something doesn’t sound right for the temp to rise that quick

Is there another flap you can open? Any reason your vent is only set at 4?
I can manage my heat and humidity pretty well with airflow thru my exhaust. It sounds like you need more exhaust. Could there be something blocking your vent hose air flow? Just trying to brainstorm what is going on. Something doesn’t sound right for the temp to rise that quick
Yeah, I messed around with the flap and the fan speed, and nothing changed. I think I am just maxed out on the houses temp being enough to get my tent below 80. And I get it, 82 degrees is a great temp....I just want it lower. I have been reading a bunch today about keeping flowering plants below 82 degrees is very important for terpene and growth production. I want to let them just have that extra bit of comfort so they can shine like they are meant to.

I used to stay on the cape back when I was a kid. West Dennis. Good for you guys and your cannabis laws!!!!
My wife and I used to go to West Dennis beach. Nice, warmer water than out on the upper arm where the cold water will shrink your scrotum so fast your testicles feel like they could burst…

I get my best results running my lights in the upper 70's. 78 is the sweet spot for me. Best yield and no heat stress if I keep it under 80f. My plants start to canoe on me from heat stress if the temp is over 80 for any length of time.

As cold as it's been here lately I am having trouble getting above 75°.
Yeah, that's about where I'm at right now. I used to have higher temps running HPS and it never bothered me at the time, running LED's it's definitely cooler.

Wow, I just realized I'm paying $136/month just for lighting. I had it in my head the cost was lower. I see nicer buds here from people using MUCH less light to grow a lot more plants than me. Clearly I'm doing something wrong : )

I can cut that in half just by turning off one of the lights in both the flower room and grow tent, then switching the tent to 18/6 instead of 24/0 is another 16% off the cost. That puts it at $56/month. Might even dim the veg light a bit.

Now, the question is.... do i run the ac to cool off the 5x5 closet that my 3x3 tent is in? Like as a lung chamber?
Reason I ask is, this unit will cool my 3x3 down so fast, but I have an exhaust....so, how to keep a stable temp?
If I cool down the larger lung room, the ac may not have to run as often.
The catch is also, my 5x5 closet has an open top. Yes, hot air rises, but will that effect anything?
Check out gmos grows he pumps a portable a/c right into the tent.

Bubba

Check out gmos grows he pumps a portable a/c right into the tent.

Bubba
I appreciate the path. I have considered that many ways. I think I have it down now. But thank you for offering your advice on an older post. Have a great evening.

This might be a stupid thought but what if you tried giving the tent another passive intake vent? That may allow more fresh air in(which should be 72-73 degrees if that is your house temp). If the tent sides suck in when closed, the intake is restricting the output. I also lay my dryer vent hoses on the floor which should be cooler than the air so I(maybe insanely) think I get cooler air thru the hoses.
Hey I have a question. Is it good for the tent sides to suck in when the doors zipper up?

Hey I have a question. Is it good for the tent sides to suck in when the doors zipper up?
It means you have negative pressure so the air will go thru the carbon filter. So, yes. It also means you could open another input vent up if you have another one to get more airflow thru the tent.

Latest posts

Back