I Want to Start a Thread Where We

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I think that's a great idea. Good thinkinG Hemp Goddess again. :D As you know I just hAd A lot of questions About soil becAuse I've grown hydro All those yeArs so soil was very alien to me.:confused: I also use a lot of the old school methods and sometimes when I try to help people here a lot of people think I'm nuts :cry: things have really changed a lot since I started growing in the 70's. Oh I got it you could call it "Methodology":rolleyes::hubba:

NorCalHal said:
I think it would be great THG. I do ALOT of different techniques in my garden that is far from "mainstream". My yield and quality are far better then those around me. I would love an area to share this.

I would love an area for you to share your knowledge too!

start it up :)

..one thing i've noticed talking with more growers on forums like these;
a lot of the oddball stuff i do, really isn't that odd (i heard you talk of checking on seedlings with a toothpick, check :) i also dab it with water if they're having trouble shedding their helmet shell and drop that droplet on them.)
got a few for when it's titled ;)

so let's say we get on with it

old school germination method---

put beans in a moist paper towel on top of refrigerator for the warmth

new school germination method---

drop them beans in a glass of water and keep them warm on top or the fridge

toss the ones that float

this new thread could also just be titled "what i learned at MARP" :D

I like the title Orange.

Heres a germination method

Directly into soil or soilless medium.

I always go directly into dirt. No paper towels for me. In the hole, sideways.(mandala)

I soak for 12-24 hours and then directly into the soil...I never worry about which way they are facing though. I figure Mother Nature will take care of that part for me.

space is my biggest concern at present---have always sprouted seeds before planting in the past and will in the future---i prefer to know what is gonna sprout before it gets covered in soil and taking up that valuable real estate space with a pot and no action---i do enough culling for 1 reason or another (sex or just not vibrant enough) for me to start out with less than 100% germination---typically am not too concerned which direction she may lie in her hole---if the tail is long---i'll try to lie her tail down

The Hemp Goddess said:
Anyone else interested in a thread like this and if so, can you think of a good title that explains it concisely?

So this isnt the thread, lets name it and start it up.:confused2: :p

Great title suggestionseveryone--I am thinking a combination of 2 suggestions:

Thinking Outside the Grow Box-Alternative Methods

So here we go.......

How did tHis turn into germination:laugh: :laugh: :huh: :smoke1: :rofl: :peace:

The Hemp Goddess said:
Great title suggestionseveryone--I am thinking a combination of 2 suggestions:

Thinking Outside the Grow Box-Alternative Methods

So here we go.......

That's a nice blend of the two and a Great thread title.

Latest posts

Back