I was researching LED lights and I remember

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Watts dont mean much with LED lighting. Fixtures are measured by PPFD,Photosynthetic Photon Flux Density.
You will need to know PPFD per watt of the fixture your looking at, I use 2.8 PPFD per watt fixtures.

General rules used to be 50 watts per sq/ft or 5000 lumens per sq/I measured it that way because of lumes because of what I studied which told me that needed to calculate and I came up with 135k lumes at the floor and the way led lights are made that’s what it requires.
What I don’t know is how high or the spread of the lights because that’s a lot of light I just know I need the formula to reduce it into a 4x4 tent math wise is what I meant . And you have to excuse me I hurt it’s why I’m interested and I am a high school drop out so I do it through reaching what others do oh I get confused cause I’m injured so don’t get stressed because I don’t notice what I text some times . Oops

What I don’t know is how high or the spread of the lights because that’s a lot of light I just know I need the formula to reduce it into a 4x4 tent math wise is what I meant . And you have to excuse me I hurt it’s why I’m interested and I am a high school drop out so I do it through reaching what others do oh I get confused cause I’m injured so don’t get stressed because I don’t notice what I text some times . Oops
Okay but do you know the formula to what I asked because you seem like you just might ?

You are making something simple very hard. I have a 4 x 8 flower tent with two 600w hps lights. For a 4 x 4 one 600w would do fine.
Yes it would work fine but I’m not into those lights I like the led because the last line an the electric bill is like half or less of the other lights and I only am working out the equation so I can figure out what light need to do that in the summer I’m planting out back in the shade not that the plants don’t like direct sunlight but a comfortable plant seems happy an I know the sun is harsh

That is why I looked there. You can order everything in one place. I used a local HTG to set myself up years ago(2010?). A warning though. Their shipping is EXPENSIVE! I looked at buying about $70 worth of stuff and shipping was $40…
If you plan on going LED, find one that is a ‘white light’ LED spec’d for a 4x4 footprint then go by the manufacturers recommendation for ‘fly height’. People on here seem to be happy with Spider Farmer and Mars Hydro. They both have lights for a 4x 4 space that I have been eyeing. Go with the best you can afford as lighting is very important.
I been looking at those two lights I also found aro grow an one there called led supply I think and I do want the led with the white light I just need to correct wattage but that’s expensive

I understand that it would take 5004 watts of it how many feet up from the plant to get the effect of a cannabis plant that you get in the summer in half sun half shade where I live , I know it grows with a lot less but that’s a lot or I forget how to use a calculator.
Also how big would the grow area be for plants to sit through the whole grow and if you are good at math what would that wattage be reduced into a 4x4 tent ? What is the formula to solve that equation?
The formula is to get the most Lumens you can afford. LED's are the wave of the future..no doubt, however....Know this, change the light...and it's a whole new set of rules. I switched to LEDs a year ago, and I absolutley love them, literally changed the game for me..but, Interestinly enough, when you lower the tempatures in your tent of room, you'll find Fungus problems you never even knew you had. Fungus love lower temps. I think my HID's were protecting me from PM. lol

The formula is to get the most Lumens you can afford. LED's are the wave of the future..no doubt, however....Know this, change the light...and it's a whole new set of rules. I switched to LEDs a year ago, and I absolutley love them, literally changed the game for me..but, Interestinly enough, when you lower the tempatures in your tent of room, you'll find Fungus problems you never even knew you had. Fungus love lower temps. I think my HID's were protecting me from PM. lol
True I like to put plastic bowls of water to add humidity in the air and if they are under the led green mold will grow in like 2-3 days I had to find another way that number I came up with is for a large area I did the math and came up with 1400 watts of led but those you also need to light and spread apart but it would give you some healthy buds I personally only use like 500 watts led works great but I know it’s not the same as the stronger lights

Latest posts

Back