I would like your opinions please

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I think they are going to forget the growing and maybe rent out the buildings to growers...

They will produce **** weed just like all the LP in Canada that thought they could grow and get rich off of medical MJ.

Rosebud that's a great idea for them

I think with the turning over of the cannabis laws, we are going to see more and more people who want to grow. However, most of them do not have any idea of what it entails. I think a lot of people think it is like growing tomatoes or corn, but great bud takes a lot of work and each plant requires individual care. Also a lot of the younger people don't realize the costs involved--think they can hang a CFL up and get great bud in a couple of months. I anticipate a whole lot of people starting grows, but just a fraction of them finishing them.

I talked with them last night. She said after reading part of this thread she realized they were too stupid to grow pot. LOL. I told her that wasn't true, but not passionate enough to find out and spend the time it takes.

Thank you all for your thoughts.

LOL--no one is too stupid to grow cannabis, but it does take dedication and you do have to have "the passion".

Need to look at it as a business and not a passion or hobby.

Many successful businessmen don't know how to put together their product, but they hire people that do.

Same for growing. The boss/owner hires a grower that does not want the burden of paper work, forms,taxes, etc. He has the passion and just wants to grow.

:bong:

Well, I hope I'm not trying to "fit in" too soon here, seeing that I've just joined, but I have enough grow experience to have an opinion in this matter.

And please, realize that this is only my personal opinion. I don't claim it to be anything more than that.

OK, here goes...

Any investor who would seriously consider funding a non-experienced grower to embark upon a sizable commercial grow is being unwise. It's like trusting teenagers to use condoms correctly. Yes, the directions are right there on the package, but do they read the directions? Of course not.

A small, personal grow confounds many smart people at first. It certainly did me (although I'm not smart, I am used to dealing with many details).

I can only cringe thinking about non-experienced growers being trusted with enough money to fund a sizable commercial grow. It would be seriously unfair to them. IMHO.

why don't they come this websitenn , go from there,, or is there n issue of them coming here,, i'm just asking ???

cause i don't have grown know how,, but i'm here n so far my girls r doing fine,,, thanks to ya'll

No Lovb, there is no issue except they don't want to learn what they need to learn. They have given up on the idea, thanks to the good people of MP.

HOtel, you are welcome to jump in anytime. Thank you all.

Gardening would be a good start.

I mean, you need some sort of experience with living plants.

DD

No Lovb, there is no issue except they don't want to learn what they need to learn. They have given up on the idea, thanks to the good people of MP.

HOtel, you are welcome to jump in anytime. Thank you all.

Thank you Rosebud.

I think a small grow for a few years would give them some experience . also some cash profit. I think EVERY retiree could make extra income. not enough to totally live on. But enough to make it profitable. For a non smoker it is ALL profit. For smokers you could never smoke all you grow. But I advise all to have a grow just to keep the retired people moving. For larger indoor grow I think they could find an experience grower to have a live in experience on halves. In my state the pot industry is the only business hiring.

I say take it on as a HOBBY and see if they even like it. It is possible they won't and even if they do they may not want to go big. I agree with every one here who said not with other people's money!!! Nothing wrong with staying on the porch. I like the porch!!

Hi Rose! Hope all is well with you and yours!

I think they made the right decision, as growing commercially is a beast, to say the least.
I am watching big changes in commercial growing as the tech is getting better. With that said, competition is incredible. Bottom line...you have had to kill twice as many harvests as you will pull to even begin to gain knowledge of how big gardens work. Not only work...but to be profitable. That's the real bottom line..profitability. Any Yawho can grow some herb, but only few can do it at large scale levels and have consistent great product.

I am sure a lot will disagree with me, but I have seen it first hand. Dreams crushed.

Be very leary of hiring someone, very leary. If someone had the skillz to do it, they would be doing it already. Lots of folks can talk a big game, few can play to the end.

Commercial growing is growing...haha. 100 lighters are the new 10 lighters. The new influx of monies being dumped into the industry is baffling. Every cat with a fat checkbook is trying to get in. I turn them down all the time.

This is OUR time. Growers time. Folks that have hid for years and put their a$$ on the line growing before medical was a term. The cats that want to throw money at you don't deserve to be even talking to you, imo. These are the SAME cats that would scoff at you 10 years ago if you said you grow weed. I have NO sympathy for them and don't want to help them make 1 dollar in this industry. Parasites...with suits.

Do it yourself. Get a loan, don't take on investors. If it is YOUR money on the line...you will take it that much more serious and MAKE the grow happen...not hope the grow happens.

And that is why you are my hero NorCal Hal.... I had wanted to talk to you about this for ever..Thanks for your thoughts. I agree 100%
Nice to see you again.

Thanks Rose!

I was just telling my wife a few days ago how crazy it is that growing herb turned into a real business. Profit and Loss, Balance sheets, Taxes, permits, Lawyer this...accountant that.

It was a lot simpler growing a couple of pounds and hustling a little to pay the bills....

Be careful what you wish for.

Don't get me wrong. I LOVE what I do. As most any of you would. Grow herb legally and make a damn good living at it. I would recommend to anyone that has the ability to get into a legit MMJ or recreational growing/dispensing business to do it. There is not much time left before the big takeover.

Just realize it has become a business, and needs to be looked at as such.

With that said, just remember, there are LOTS of folks in the industry. Accountants, lawyers, bankers, testing facilities, retail outlets, concentrate makers, budtenders, trimmers..ext..ext.

They ALL are at the mercy of......THE GROWER. Without us, they have nothing. Sure, they will hire folks that try to grow consistent great product, and will fail. They will hire professional botanists who will also take a few years to get "to speed" on how to grow dank.

Nothing beats experience in growing, I know you all know that. Nothing beats the ability to grow ANY strain to the fullest of that strains ability. Anyone can learn to grow one strain rather quickly...now try that with multiple strains and tricky hybrids.

Learning curve. "They" will have a big learning curve when it comes to growing.

We are ahead of the curve....just remember that!

Latest posts

Back