Identify fan leaf needs

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SubmarineGirl

Reaction score
I just put my plants in 12 on 12 off 3 days ago. they are just about ready for a drink and I’m deciding if I want to add some nutrients to help them along. I saw this damage on a couple leaves on one plant but not taking over my whole garden. i gave them nutrients about 10 days ago. I haven’t been giving nutes every time I water. If this is a nutrients overload sign I’ll just water with plain PH water but it it’s needing something special would like to know…
085877FC-B68E-49CE-A5DC-C17B75C287DC.jpeg
88D584E6-556C-4DB5-8FD7-15382CFC199B.jpeg

What flavor of plants are you growing?

other than a little cal-mag , they look pretty healthy.
grandaddy purple and gorilla glue 4. Unfortunately I mixed them up at transplanting and can’t see any difference at this time to my untrained eye but hope to identify them by the end of the grow. Yes they look beautiful to me only a couple of leaves on one plant seem to have this issue.
9A82B515-2D1B-42BF-882F-44B2A266ACF1.jpeg

what nutrients are you using?

whatever your doing , the plants like it , except they need a little boost cause of flowering and that is what the cal mag will do
I’ve been using this line. This is my first grow so I don’t know how my plants compare to others in the first week of 12 on and 12 off. I’ll admit the plants seem to love it in the spider farm 2x4 tent so far even tho I’ve crowded it a bit to much with 5 7 gallon pots and I haven’t used a lot of nutes.
I will get som Cal mag and treat them all to some and wait on other nutrients till next water maybe… thanks so much for your response.
EB5612DF-99C5-4710-8A12-A13212E90176.jpeg

I’ve been using this line. This is my first grow so I don’t know how my plants compare to others in the first week of 12 on and 12 off. I’ll admit the plants seem to love it in the spider farm 2x4 tent so far even tho I’ve crowded it a bit to much with 5 7 gallon pots and I haven’t used a lot of nutes.
I will get som Cal mag and treat them all to some and wait on other nutrients till next water maybe… thanks so much for your response. View attachment 282712

yeah that is some good nutrients....I’m sure foxfarm has instructions for those nute and a chart showing how much and when to use them

so it looks like you have been following the instructions cause your plants are looking healthy except for a little cal mag

are you using RO water and checking the Ph?

I am also curious as to what soil you are growing in and what kind of lights?

those are some First Class genetics there , I really like the Gorilla Glue

yeah that is some good nutrients....I’m sure foxfarm has instructions for those nute and a chart showing how much and when to use them

so it looks like you have been following the instructions cause your plants are looking healthy except for a little cal mag

GG is one of my Favs

I will get som Cal mag and treat them all to some and wait on other nutrients till next water maybe… thanks so much for your response. View attachment 282712
Thats what i use, but i also use their CalMag.

grandaddy purple and gorilla glue 4. Unfortunately I mixed them up at transplanting and can’t see any difference at this time to my untrained eye but hope to identify them by the end of the grow. Yes they look beautiful to me only a couple of leaves on one plant seem to have this issue. View attachment 282709

SummarineGirl that's a pretty looking crop you got growing. Happy growing.:)

I have not been using the nutrients as labeled as my dirt from each of three transplants had enough in it to support the plants for a few weeks. I started them out in ocean forest until the last transplant I used a mix of happy frog, an organic soil and some perlite as I had to fill 5, 7 gallon nursery plastic planters. I did not start nutrients in the last pots until 3 weeks after planting them. I didn’t use the required amount on the label but treated 5 gallons of water with a 4 gallon dose And only every other watering. I use tap water not RO. I don’t understand the whole ppm thing yet but have a meter and my tap water is under 200 ppm which I’ve read was ok. I do have to adjust the PH just a bit tho. After adding nutes, or even with just plain tap water, my PH is around 6.5. I don’t water till I get runoff and only give them about 1/2 gallon of it in each 7 gallon pot. I then wait till the pots get light before giving them another drink. In hindsight and for next time I would leave a way to measure runoff water. I’m all scrogged down and have limited space even between the pots and the containers they sit in to do anything. I also am crowded out as I decided to let that 5th plant hang out with the others. Just couldn’t leave her out of the tent. I am using the spider farm SF-2000 grow light dimmable full spectrum. I’ve had them turned up to full power since about three weeks into veg stage. I’m open to any suggestions. I did give all the plants a little cal mag this morning. I hope they liked it 😊 thanks for your response

I was always told to use half of the recommended amounts the maker of nutes says to. I never burned my leaves .
Yes I’ve read that too. I started less than half and have just worked my way up to 5 gallons of water to a 4 gallon dose my last feeding. I haven’t noticed any burn or any other problems so far except this cal mag thing. I used straight cal mag and ph 6.5 water today for their watering.

I have not been using the nutrients as labeled as my dirt from each of three transplants had enough in it to support the plants for a few weeks. I started them out in ocean forest until the last transplant I used a mix of happy frog, an organic soil and some perlite as I had to fill 5, 7 gallon nursery plastic planters. I did not start nutrients in the last pots until 3 weeks after planting them. I didn’t use the required amount on the label but treated 5 gallons of water with a 4 gallon dose And only every other watering. I use tap water not RO. I don’t understand the whole ppm thing yet but have a meter and my tap water is under 200 ppm which I’ve read was ok. I do have to adjust the PH just a bit tho. After adding nutes, or even with just plain tap water, my PH is around 6.5. I don’t water till I get runoff and only give them about 1/2 gallon of it in each 7 gallon pot. I then wait till the pots get light before giving them another drink. In hindsight and for next time I would leave a way to measure runoff water. I’m all scrogged down and have limited space even between the pots and the containers they sit in to do anything. I also am crowded out as I decided to let that 5th plant hang out with the others. Just couldn’t leave her out of the tent. I am using the spider farm SF-2000 grow light dimmable full spectrum. I’ve had them turned up to full power since about three weeks into veg stage. I’m open to any suggestions. I did give all the plants a little cal mag this morning. I hope they liked it 😊 thanks for your response

well you certainly are in tune with your plants by the looks of them and it’s my philosophy that less is better when feeding the plants....they will tell us when they need food

it has also been my experience that a lower Ph in water is better than a high one....I would aim for 5.2 - 5.8 on my water before adding nutes...the easy thing about GH nutes was they had a built in buffer to keep the Ph on the low range like 6.5....

I don’t do the ppm or EC readings , not when I am using the Lucas formula , it is a pretty cool proof regimen

I am looking forward to watching you bring these girls home and have a successful harvest

all the best

Latest posts

Back