im confused

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
when mj is in the vegetative state they can take quite a beating. there are some great reads on the forum about low and high stress training techniques you should give them a look.

I love scrog. It is easy to do and yields the most for the given space. :)

yeah they say 5 tall i was gonna let them veg untill two months and turn the light down on june 25 th .

Yeah the pots say 5tall i was gonna turn lights down on juune 25 that would be 2 months veg.

yeah they say 5 tall . the gonna veg till june 25 that will be two months until i turn the light down to 12.

You can MAKE your plant produce numerous stalks by topping/pinching them.
I'm not a dr. Here so i dont know all the proper terminology for these things but i'm sure others will chime in.
Another pic of the stalks.

View attachment image.jpg

So basically u pinching the tops can make them produce more stalks ?

Yes, it will!
You WANT several MAIN stalks, its common sense, more stalks = more budding sites

Can someone chime in on providing a thread for this.
Like I said, I know how and what to do but explaining it is not my forte, :( lol.

Everytime you pinch or top 1 spot it will re grow 2 or more new branches, thus making your plant bushy with many stalks and budding sites.

Would you like me to post pics of before and after of what i'm speaking about?
I can pinch/top on of my plants and take pics before and after to show you..?

I prefer to FIM rather than topping. The plant naturally desires to reproduce so it tries to get as many buds up in the air as possible so that they catch pollen. We are able to capitalize on this because when we cut out a top or do the FIM method, the plant knows that its highest growth has been damaged and goes to making other branches grow so that they can continue to get as high in the air as possible. The twinning of branches when topping(in my experience) works best before the plant reaches sexual maturity( since topping doesn't produce twins but at the damage site). After sexual maturity or any time you want to do the FIM technique, it causes the growth hormone to be disbursed throughout the whole plant so that every side branch takes off in a race to the top.

If I want to grow a very bushy plant, I start with topping when the plant is about 7nodes tall. then I let them get about 5-8more nodes growing then I do the FIM and that activates every side branch so far to take off growing toward the top. :) It turns a straight up plant into a shrub.

One word of warning though, If you buy Indica or Indica dominant plants, check with the breeder before doing any topping or FIM as some Indica don't like it and react poorly to it. The breeder should be able to tell you if that strain can take topping and/or FIM techniques. :) If you need any help with this I am happy to help anyone with these methods as best I can.

Latest posts

Back