Im confused...

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
They are young and tender. Water them good at half strength nutrients and then leave them alone to consume and dry out. Don't water them untill coco is dry and pot feels really light. You probably don't have the root base to be doing full blown waterings yet. gotta coax the roots by faster and faster wet/dry cycles. You're killing them with kindness.
Also, I'm gonna pass a little piece of advice. Personally...I had a lot of problems in coco untill I switched to A.N. ph perfect coco specific formula. Not trying to shill for them, just saying when I switched my problems all went away, half the time your pH is out of whack or you got some kind of lock out going on. AN changed my fate. No more pH pens and messing with that stuff. I don't have time to be a mad scientist, Maybe when I'm retired. Right now we need results.

Last edited:
Are you giving nutes with every feeding, or every other feeding?

I have been watering these with no runoff for weeks. I finally decide to pour enough nute solution at same 900 ppm to get 20% runoff and 2 days later i am getting this. Should i just give them straight water with calmag? 400 ppm?
Coco medium
Thank you.
Lot of coco info on cocoforcannabis site.

Bubba

Man, I'm with you. Everything seems to go well as long as I keep the watering levels low, no drainage (runoff) coming through at all. The minute I start watering to runoff, problems start. Flushing is a problem for me too, the soil holds too much water and my plants always seem to have problems right after flushing. I'm using around 25% perlite as well.

I'm a newbie, but it seems to me that my plants really like the soil dry and low levels of water during watering. They also seem to do very well given an extra dry day from time to time. (one extra day when you think soil is almost bone dry). Maybe its my strain, maybe the soil, who knows.

I'm also finding that the information give by many is mixed, half the people flush and water to run-off, half say not to. It's hard to make a decision with so much mixed advice ! For now, I'll keep watering low.

I've been growing mostly in coco-perlite, and my limited experience is it makes the plants very sensitive to overfeeding, more so than over watering. I think you could flood the pots every day, and it wouldn't hurt the plants as long as they were hungry. But add too much food to the water one time and the roots will shutdown. Then you have to wait forever to give them another drink. You can also give them less water with more nutrients and they will look good for a while, but over time the nutrients build up and you end up with the same problem.

Latest posts

Back