Im going to give WW a go, I need advice

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

emuman

Reaction score
my area is 4x4, I have a 600w hps
I picked up the gh 3 part and planned to use the following schedule;

Week 1 (rooted clones or 3 leaf-sets on seedlings) : 2.5 ml EACH Grow, Micro & Bloom
Week 2: 5ml Grow + 2.5ml Micro + 2.5ml Bloom
Week 3: 10ml Grow + 5ml Micro + 3ml Bloom
Week 4 until 12/12 : 12ml Grow + 6ml Micro + 3ml Bloom
Week 1 of 12/12 : 6ml Grow + 6mil Micro+10ml Bloom
Week 2 of 12/12: 3ml Grow + 7ml Micro + 12ml Bloom
Week 3 of 12/12: 3ml Grow + 8ml Micro + 14ml Bloom
Week 4 of 12/12: 3ml Grow + 8ml Micro + 16ml Bloom
Week 5 of 12/12: 2..5 Grow + 7ml Micro + 18ml Bloom
Week 6 of 12/12: NO GROW + 6ml Micro + 20ml Bloom USE UNTIL FLUSH!
Flush 10-14 days before harvesting

^this looks like I feed nutes every watering? is this right?
I was thinking 1.5 gallon pots

any input?

I've run two different breeders' version of WW (actually doing a big run right now) and both were a bit nute sensitive. They love the water, but will tip-burn at a moments notice. Still one of my all time favs--she brings a lot to the table.

PencilHead said:
I've run two different breeders' version of WW and both were a bit nute sensitive.

That's my experience with WW also. In fact, that's how every white strain I've grown reacts.

i don't know about the w w , while shopping for my next grow i looked into w w and seamed like every bank had a differant way to grow it , 1 bank even said to keep lights off for last 5 days of growing, but go for it dude i want to watch a w w g j

PencilHead said:
I've run two different breeders' version of WW (actually doing a big run right now) and both were a bit nute sensitive. They love the water, but will tip-burn at a moments notice. Still one of my all time favs--she brings a lot to the table.

Im gunna be doing nirvana's ww, what do you mean "they love the water"? should I not let them get as dry before I water them?
up til this point I have mostly grown bagseeds, I decieded on WW cause I read that it is one of the easiest strains to grow, and one of earliest strains to finish

Your plants will tell you how many nutes they need. There is NO one nute schedule that is right for all plants--some are nute sensitive and some gobble up the nutes. Start with a low ppm and work up until you see a tiny bit of nute burn and then back off.

The Hemp Goddess said:
... There is NO one nute schedule that is right for all plants...

in your opinion would that nute schedule be a good place to start? or should I back off from the beginning? like maybe start at 3/4 strength? I was under the impression that the gh 3 part was easy to use and yielded great results?

What are you using for soil? Something with no nutes like Pro-Mix BX, or nuted like Ocean Forest? That's important to know before advising you on feed.

If you're only going to use 1.5 gallon pots you're going to be keeping your plants small, so I would not recommend feeding with every water, unless you use 1/2 the strength you're planning to use now.

I run Dinafem White Widow, also crossed with Northern Lights #5. I too find her to be a bit nute sensitive. I never take her before day 60, crossed with NL#5 never before day 65.

Good luck

I'd like to add that I don't believe in the flush. During the last 2 weeks your plants are packing on bulk and secreting resin. Why do you want to slow/stop that by denying them the food they need to do it? I feed right up to harvest.

I know people do it for flavor, but taste is fleeting, the buzz is what matters.

emuman said:
in your opinion would that nute schedule be a good place to start? or should I back off from the beginning? like maybe start at 3/4 strength? I was under the impression that the gh 3 part was easy to use and yielded great results?

I don't know where you got this nute schedule, but I think that you are making this more difficult than it needs to be. I generally basically follow the nutrient ratios on the back of the bottle--3-2-1 (grow-micro-bloom) ratio for vegging and a 1-2-3 ratio for flowering. I do not think that the plants need a different nutrient ratio every week. I also do not do the 2-2-2 transition feeding. When I go from veg to flowering, I just go directly to the bloom ratio. I push my nutes until the plants show a little nute burn and then back off. I, like Melvan, do not flush my plants.

I don't think that 7-1/2 to 8 weeks flowering will be enough.

emuman said:
Im gunna be doing nirvana's ww, what do you mean "they love the water"? should I not let them get as dry before I water them?
up til this point I have mostly grown bagseeds, I decieded on WW cause I read that it is one of the easiest strains to grow, and one of earliest strains to finish

I water by droop. Some strains dry out slowly and show signs gradually of dehydration--most Indies I've run seem to fall in this catagory. Others, like the Cindies I've run, can look great at noon, but by 5 o'clock they can look like you sprayed them with weed-killer. WW is in the middle, but in my experience--which isn't tremendous--runs a bit to the quick drying side, but nothing like the Cindies.

Let me clarify by saying: I run in a coco mix which is faster drying than other media. But I've also run WW in FFOF, and it performs the same in either.

And, yeah, I would consider WW an easier strain to grow, but I wouldn't say it's an early finisher by anyone's calendar. Good luck.

Currently vegging a WW in Sunshine Advanced #4 soil, the plant is now 30" tall and around and is watered once every 2-3 days! Am going to move this into a 10gal or larger tub before dropping into bud, I think the extra space for the roots (it's in a 3gal right now) as well as fresh soil to draw the benefits from will really make this one JUMP in size!

Should add, there's no room in budding room for another 3 weeks, so this will veg until then...should be HUGE by that time!

The Hemp Goddess said:
...I think that you are making this more difficult than it needs to be.....

aint that the truth, its hard for me to believe that its really that easy, so I tend to overcomplicate or overthink the process to death
its time I just sit back and let artificial nature and genetics do their job

My WWs were very sensitive to nutrients. All I did was put them in soil, water and turn on the light. I dont put much effort into the grow myself. A good soaking here and there, maybe a very weak nutrients and thats it. I found out my I over complicate things I tend to make for mistakes.

gotta agree with thg also , growing great weed should be done by knowing the plants needs .
i'm doing f f "schedule" however i mix it up a bit depending on how the girls look , since there (f f)last weeks are all the same .
since i'm very stoned (master kush) have you noticed when you "spell check" like i do , when it gets to "thg" you get "thug" i don't know why , but i find that funny as heck !

budculese said:
when it gets to "thg" you get "thug" i don't know why , but i find that funny as heck !

I know this is old, but that's too funny!

:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

In my own experience with the "white strains", I've found that they will burn on an amount of nutes that almost any other strain will accept with no problems. I gave them about half the strength of what I did other strains.

With that in mind, please note that I use on GH 3-Part Nutes.

Ive found my WW to max out at 1200-1300 ppm, x.5 conversion.

this might make this a lil easier...
i am a GH3 user and have been for a while now..
i go
15ml Grow per gal
10ml Micro per gal
5ml bloom per gal
for veg and revers the grow and bloom aroun when time comes to flower...
i start my rooted clones n seedlings on 1/8th strength solution and slowly work my way up..
like THG said your plants will tell you when its time or if they want more food..and i have foun this an excellent way to feed your ladies without going over board..
hope this helps some...
LH

Can we back up and agree that WW is very sensitive to N, but doesn't blush much at full-tilt P and K? That's how I've always run it, how I'm running it right now. Get very nice results.

Latest posts

Back