im happy about this......

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have no idea how long till i cut them. im just checking the trichs everyday....i dont know how long it will take them to turn half amber. id guess another week but its just a guess....but i will for sure keep you all posted!

nothing new...just waiting. guess i did cut the lights back to about 10 and a half hours to hopefully save some electricity and suspection of me running the ac when its 65 outside... confused how i have lots of clear trichs...and lots of amber...so do i keep waitiing for the clear to turn milky? they seem to go from clear to amber and i dont want to wait too long before i harvest....smoked some samples and they dont seem near as strong as they look cuz its covered in trichs..i suppose i should keep waiting. thanks for any input!

ftw2012 said:
nothing new...just waiting. guess i did cut the lights back to about 10 and a half hours to hopefully save some electricity and suspection of me running the ac when its 65 outside... confused how i have lots of clear trichs...and lots of amber...so do i keep waitiing for the clear to turn milky? they seem to go from clear to amber and i dont want to wait too long before i harvest....smoked some samples and they dont seem near as strong as they look cuz its covered in trichs..i suppose i should keep waiting. thanks for any input!
If you are seeing amber trichromes IMHO the rest of them should be milky with maybe some clear.

to me it looks like about 40% clear 40% amber and only about 20% milky....i guess maybe im being to picky on the difference between clear and milky..but i can see through a lot of them.....i guess i should mention that lots of the ones im considering amber are really dark but only on the head of the trichs....maybe its not an amber trich but a contaminate on a clear trich? i know ive heard someone ask about the head of the trichs being almost black and thought he was told it was fine. but i cant find the post again and maybe he had sick plants? thanks in advance
for any more help anyone has!

well...i desided that tomorrow morning im gonna cut the top buds off of the white bucket plant...seemed to get a lot more amber trichs over the last few days. roommate and i quick dried a bit today and it seemed to get the job done. hopefully after the proper dry and cure it will be even better! just thought id give you all an update!

ftw2012 said:
well...i desided that tomorrow morning im gonna cut the top buds off of the white bucket plant...seemed to get a lot more amber trichs over the last few days. roommate and i quick dried a bit today and it seemed to get the job done. hopefully after the proper dry and cure it will be even better! just thought id give you all an update!
Got any pics of those top cola's ftw2012? ;)

Sounds good to me! I hope that when I'm trimming my plants down, my camera will be able to take a picture through the magnifying glass so we can all see the trichs.
I second TBG of the cola pics! We want them! :p

here they are! just the tops. turned out to be about 42 grams after i trimmed it. didnt really know what i was doing but im pretty sure it will all be fine....sliped in a few pics of what i still have the light shinning on too!

10-1 001.jpg

10-1 002.jpg

10-1 003.jpg

10-1-06 002.jpg

10-1-06 003.jpg

10-1-06 004.jpg

Nice looking nugs!! I bet they will be very tasty when they are nice and cured. I'd be stoked with that kinf of harvest from so few plants. Good work!

well that 42 grams was wet....but it was also only the top buds off one of the plants....im guessing that will dry down to about a half ounce..

Congrats on the harvest ftw2012. Now it's time to sit back and enjoy some of that fine bud. Nothing beats smoking your own bud that you grew. Enjoy. :D

well i cut the rest of the plants! my computer isnt working so i havent gotten to check the action on the fourm or post any, but just thought id update with a friends computer that i got about an ounce off of the white bucket plant and about 40 grams off of the orange bucket plant! neither one gets me as high as id hoped but i guess since i didnt even intend on a much of a harvest 2 and a half ounces off 2 plants isnt too bad even if its not great bud! orange bucket smells so sweet! they are curing now. the whole drying thing happens very fast here when its only about 20% humidity and i ended up kinda over drying the tops of the first plant i cut about a week or 2 ago and i decided not to make that mistake again! hung them in the growroom for about a day. put them in paper bags about a day and just put them in jars! thanks to everyone that followed along and gave me some advice! happy growing!

ps. ill post a couple pics once my computer works again!

Latest posts

Back