I'm new here

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hey everyone, I have been enjoying marijuana responsibly for about 20 years and have recently decided to grow my own for personal use. I have made the decision to grow my own for various reasons, such as, it seems like a fun challenge, I will know exactly where it came from, what is in it, and we always enjoy something we made ourselves a little bit more than something someone else made. I will be popping in to scour the threads and ask questions once I get my grow tent set up so I can grow the best marijuana I can possibly grow.

Welcome to warm fireside here pilgrem mighty glad yual made it here! Pull up stump relax while.

BWD

Welcome to the 'Passion, friend. Come pull up a beanbag, puff on this :48: and learn what you can and share what you will....

:peace:,

7greeneyes:D

7greeneyes said:
Welcome to the 'Passion, friend. Come pull up a beanbag, puff on this :48: and learn what you can and share what you will....

:peace:,

7greeneyes:D

Somethin wrong with my stump? Got bugs on it or somethin? Or yual suffer from them roid things LOL Just jankin yur ankle folks all fun be had in here time to time. Welcome and takes yur pick beanbag or stump be just glad yur here!!

Love ya 7green ;)

BWD

Welcome to MP.

There really is nothing like growing your own. Be aware that this can be a very addictive hobby.

Welcome to the forum! You've got every resource you'll need for growing at your disposal here! Along with dozens of helpful and knowledgeable people to answer questions!

Thanks for the warm welcome everyone! I look forward to learning a lot and sharing a lot while I immerse myself in the hobby/art of marijuana growing.

BackWoodsDrifter said:
Somethin wrong with my stump? Got bugs on it or somethin? Or yual suffer from them roid things LOL Just jankin yur ankle folks all fun be had in here time to time. Welcome and takes yur pick beanbag or stump be just glad yur here!!

Love ya 7green ;)

BWD

:ccc: .... :rofl: ....lol...

jasperjeff2002 said:
Hey everyone, I have been enjoying marijuana responsibly for about 20 years and have recently decided to grow my own for personal use. I have made the decision to grow my own for various reasons, such as, it seems like a fun challenge, I will know exactly where it came from, what is in it, and we always enjoy something we made ourselves a little bit more than something someone else made. I will be popping in to scour the threads and ask questions once I get my grow tent set up so I can grow the best marijuana I can possibly grow.

Correct on all counts above Jasper, and throw in you don't have to travel with it once you acquired it, you control who knows you have it, and you're not supporting the gangs and cartels that make their money off of it to finance human suffering.

AG

Amateur Grower said:
Correct on all counts above Jasper, and throw in you don't have to travel with it once you acquired it, you control who knows you have it, and you're not supporting the gangs and cartels that make their money off of it to finance human suffering.

AG

Good posti right there good for that one.

BWD

BackWoodsDrifter said:
Good posti right there good for that one.

BWD

I kinda' just put that humanitarian part there at the end to make me look like a better person than I am....:(

I started growing because I got busted while driving back from picking some weed up. But it does feel good to cut out every middle-man and go straight to the source!

AG

Amateur Grower said:
I kinda' just put that humanitarian part there at the end to make me look like a better person than I am....:(

I started growing because I got busted while driving back from picking some weed up. But it does feel good to cut out every middle-man and go straight to the source!

AG

Yual good folk pilgrem and we all to makin mistake in life but guess what we all understand human folk make mistake just be human all I ask. Ask some more yual be gettin my answer but be how I feel and feel from me sole and heart cause speakin to how ones sees things be mighty better to give knowledge but to also recieve information on what level yual brain waves flowin case yual went crazy somethin. Heck see there funny as heck!

What the hell is this guy talking about!!!!

My sorry bump my head as kid and funnin to all with just a hint of intelegents hopin seen ;)

Have fun love to one another fireside!

BWD

BackWoodsDrifter said:
Yual good folk pilgrem and we all to makin mistake in life but guess what we all understand human folk make mistake just be human all I ask. Ask some more yual be gettin my answer but be how I feel and feel from me sole and heart cause speakin to how ones sees things be mighty better to give knowledge but to also recieve information on what level yual brain waves flowin case yual went crazy somethin. Heck see there funny as heck!

What the hell is this guy talking about!!!!

My sorry bump my head as kid and funnin to all with just a hint of intelegents hopin seen ;)

Have fun love to one another fireside!

BWD

I read that once, bumped my head on my desk, read it again and it made sense!! Enjoy reading your posts BWD!

AG

Thanks guys, you seem like a fun bunch, full of great advice and loads of knowledge! for my first attempt at growing I'm only using what I already have on hand and will purchase a few additional items along the way as the need arises.

So......What i have as far as equipment is concerned is an Aerogarden Extra Elite which has only been used to grow dust for 4 years since receiving it as a wedding gift, 2 small ionizers, and some feminized Easy Ryder seeds!

For my first attempt I'm less concerned will yield than I am with modifying the growing environment as I go to suite my needs and my limited availability, as well as those of the plant.

I did also purchase some additional CFL bulbs to use as side lighting and some Floraduo liquid nutrients which I will use at 1/4 strength.

I do not have a grow box or tent just yet, and since the Easy Ryder is an autoflowering plant it seems the reason for box is not to provide total darkness during flowering, but to provide an element of stealth. Where I live the use and possession of small personal amounts of marijuana are akin to jaywalking as far as the authorities are concerned so unless there is a physical reason related to the health of the plant I will forgo the grow tent on the first grow.

I am not a heavy user by any means as I smoke one bowl in the evening after work the way other people enjoy a glass of wine. So if this ultra simple setup can produce close to a 1/2 ounce every 8-10 weeks I will be thrilled. If it turns out I need better equipment for my next grow I will purchase those pieces as the need arises.

Amateur Grower said:
I read that once, bumped my head on my desk, read it again and it made sense!! Enjoy reading your posts BWD!

AG

This made me laugh out loud for a long time.

me too BWD.

jasperjeff2002 said:
Thanks guys, you seem like a fun bunch, full of great advice and loads of knowledge! for my first attempt at growing I'm only using what I already have on hand and will purchase a few additional items along the way as the need arises.

So......What i have as far as equipment is concerned is an Aerogarden Extra Elite which has only been used to grow dust for 4 years since receiving it as a wedding gift, 2 small ionizers, and some feminized Easy Ryder seeds!

For my first attempt I'm less concerned will yield than I am with modifying the growing environment as I go to suite my needs and my limited availability, as well as those of the plant.

I did also purchase some additional CFL bulbs to use as side lighting and some Floraduo liquid nutrients which I will use at 1/4 strength.

I do not have a grow box or tent just yet, and since the Easy Ryder is an autoflowering plant it seems the reason for box is not to provide total darkness during flowering, but to provide an element of stealth. Where I live the use and possession of small personal amounts of marijuana are akin to jaywalking as far as the authorities are concerned so unless there is a physical reason related to the health of the plant I will forgo the grow tent on the first grow.

I am not a heavy user by any means as I smoke one bowl in the evening after work the way other people enjoy a glass of wine. So if this ultra simple setup can produce close to a 1/2 ounce every 8-10 weeks I will be thrilled. If it turns out I need better equipment for my next grow I will purchase those pieces as the need arises.

I don't personally know of anyone and I have never heard of anyone who has actually gotten a harvest from an Aerogarden. It is just not the right kind of equipment to try and grow mj--even autos.

I would really suggest that you do some reading and get a little more familiar with what you are going to need to bring a plant to harvest. People use tents and boxes for more reasons than stealth. You need to control your environment. You need a reflective enclosure of some kind around your garden to reflect light back to your plants. With no enclosure, your light disburses throughout the entire space. You need air exchange, air blowing on the plants, and you are going to need to control temps and humidity.

Plants have enough stored energy for a couple of weeks. Plants should not be fed any food until they are a couple of weeks old. Nutrients can kill seedlings. Then start a weak solution and work up. Autos have a set life. You need to keep them as stress free as possible.

In addition, while many places have a very liberal attitude towards possession, cultivation is another thing. I really advise against having a plant out in the open for all to see. It also invites theft.

I believe that you are going to find that you are going to need more than an aerogarden and a few CFLs. I hate to see you spend 10-12 weeks (virtually all strains take longer than breeder's estimates) and have nothing to show for it.

Latest posts

Back