I'm new in growing.Please, help me!!!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Olga Krusteva

Reaction score
Hello,
Plese, help me!
I'm growing marijuana plants for indoor growing for the first time.I'm useing HID lamps for lighting the plants- 400w for 5 plants, but the plants are growing thin and high.
Please, advice me what to do!
I would like to know on what distance from the top of the plant I should place the lamp!

What kind of HID. Metal Halide or High Pressure Sodium?

How old are your plants.

I would say about 2' for sprouts.
do not get any closer than a 1'.
Rule of thumb put your hand near the plant under the light and if it gets hot its too close.

I think that the plants are too thin and too hight because of the light! What can be the other problem with my plants except the light?

Some Sativas grow like that. but can you post a pic? That would help a lot.

Sory, I can't post a picture. The plants are nearly 2 weeks old and they are the sorts Big Bud,Early Bud and Skunk Special!

OK time for detailed questions sorry.
1. What is the distance between nodes?
2. Hydro or soil?
3. You have a fan or something blowing on the plants?
4. Do you know your temp and relative humidity?

Sativa dominant strains grow very tall.

Stoney Bud is growing Big bud. He has a grow journal. may help to do a comparison.

MH and HPS are recommended for growing. They are the right spectrum and pack in the lumens. Unless the light is too far away it should not be an issue.

The distance is nearly 4'!
I'm growing in soil.I'm useing conditioner, which is keeping temperature 25 C temperature.

It sounds a little like the plants are reaching for the light, and also that you haven't topped them to force branching (which is one technique).

As mentioned, if you can't hold your hand under the light for several minutes because it's too hot, then that would be too close for the plants. But you want to get as close to that as possible for the maximum effect. The type of reflector you have will define how close you can actually get to the plants, which is why the "hand" test is used.

Of course, the amount of light needed in the Vegitative stage isn't as critical, so you can make a lot of adjustments.

HK

Latest posts

Back