I'm scared to look at the news now.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I think we need to be more concerned about what may happen to the reactors built on fault lines in CA. Great post, Hick!

mojavemama said:
I think we need to be more concerned about what may happen to the reactors built on fault lines in CA. Great post, Hick!
and why are so many built on fault lines as well...

Hick said:
"one o' these days?"... :eek: I just had a granddaughter turn 17 last week. I been "Pa'-Pa'" for at least 15 of those!... :p

and EDGY, thanks, but I'm nor the composer of that :eek: Just something that I found, that I thought might be a nice "breath if fresh air" to the "gloom" and 'doom" posts :D

LOL, I ment here Hick, not home. But, congrats on the granddaughter. I recently received a few pics taken when my nephew was up visiting my brother and I was feeding my 6 month old grandniece a bottle. What a bundle of joy they are!!!

Ahhh, grandkids, Life's reward for not killing your own children!!
...and just like ALL children, they won't pick up their toys, but they WILL pick up every one of your bad habits

EDGY said:
Ahhh, grandkids, Life's reward for not killing your own children!!
...and just like ALL children, they won't pick up their toys, but they WILL pick up every one of your bad habits
Yep!.. one of the two year old runs around saying..... "Chhhit.....Chhit!!". All the time. I've little doubt he'll be pronouncing it correctly very soon....:eek:

Hick said:
Yep!.. one of the two year old runs around saying..... "Chhhit.....Chhit!!". All the time. I've little doubt he'll be pronouncing it correctly very soon....:eek:

long as he ain't holding it in his hand. and asking pa pa a question!:p :doh:

Yes, children will say the wrong thing @ the wrong time so as to maximize your embarrasment.. I recall when my own son was 2 yrs. old, my in-laws had come for christmas dinner. My mother-in-law was commenting on how she didn't like my beard and that she thought it made me look like a hoodlum.
My son, who was sitting on her lap, said, "Mommy has a beard, too."
My mother- in - law said, "Don't be silly. Your mommy doesn't have a beard."
My son, nodding his head solemnly with the innocence of a toddler said,
"Yes she DOES! I seen it down there!"

:rofl:.... wasn't it Phyllis Diller once said "If I have one more face lift, I'll be wearing a goatee"... :p

Hick said:
:rofl:.... wasn't it Phyllis Diller once said "If I have one more face lift, I'll be wearing a goatee"... :p
Yeah, and she said if she passed gas, it'd blow her hat off! :D

EDGY said:
Yes, children will say the wrong thing @ the wrong time so as to maximize your embarrasment.. I recall when my own son was 2 yrs. old, my in-laws had come for christmas dinner. My mother-in-law was commenting on how she didn't like my beard and that she thought it made me look like a hoodlum.
My son, who was sitting on her lap, said, "Mommy has a beard, too."
My mother- in - law said, "Don't be silly. Your mommy doesn't have a beard."
My son, nodding his head solemnly with the innocence of a toddler said,
"Yes she DOES! I seen it down there!"

LOL kids are so awesome. As i write this my daughter is next to me asking why the hell her video game is not working. :D

The more i think about the stuff happening in the world i do get a little sad. I don't want to miss out on my girls growing up, and the time when we ship the kids off and it's just me and husband growing amazing weed, and touring the world. But nothing you can do, and it's going to happen. As stated above, we'll be going out stoned as ****! :bong1:

I just hope that the west coast of United States law on befor going great concert. They were told that their time is caused by history and predictability.

:confused2: Stoney I figured you read the newpaper every morning to see if you were in them obituaries and had to do anything the rest of the day.

yuanyelss you need to remove the links in your sig

ozzydiodude said:
:confused2: Stoney I figured you read the newpaper every morning to see if you were in them obituaries and had to do anything the rest of the day.

Dude, I haven't read a hard-copy newspaper in 20+ years. I get all my news online.

Ha! I plan on living past 100. I always get what I plan on!

I do have to wonder though, IS the world going to hell in a handbasket??
Or is it just our perception?
I know it sounds a little trite but, doesn't every generation predict the "end of the world as we know it." ( - kids these days!)
I mean, I can remember the riots and cities burning in the 60's through the recession and energy crisis of the 70's - AIDS in the 80's - I remember the predictions that the global economic system would freeze during Y2K....
Mayhaps the world was more screwed up than we remember.
I know the Japanese nuclear situation is worse for the Japanese people than Chernobyl was, however, it is nowhere near the environmental disaster. (YET... :eek: )

We always have to bear in mind that it'll all be OK in the end...
If it's NOT OK - then it's NOT the end!!!:aok:

not the world just the US ;)
degradation of morality and refusal of responsibility for actions is probably the single most deterioating aspect of our society. We coddle and say its alright to the people that we shouldn't and vice versa to the ones that do try. A lot of people nowadays blame everything on everyone else and avoid personal responsibility.
I am serious our country is becoming full of really screwed up people. More so then even in the 90's
Don't get me going on what i think is wrong with our society. I would probably tick a lot of the liberals on here off. LOL

EDGY said:
Or is it just our perception?
I know it sounds a little trite but, doesn't every generation predict the "end of the world as we know it." ( - kids these days!)

I agree, EDGY. Every generation thinks that "the young people these days" are ruining everything. "If things could just be like when I was a young person" and "The entire world is going down".

I've read accounts of a Roman Senator who, in his diary, said the same exact things about his teen-aged son's friends and the state of "his" world.

Somehow, each generation makes it to the next, and the world doesn't end. The next generation fills the voids in the power structure and the world keeps running along.

Just as it will continue to do. There will be changes to every society on earth. There has to be. We humans, historically speaking, are still in the infancy of our species.

In 10 thousand years, we will be looked upon as we look upon cave dwelling primitive humans and thought of as savages for our actions now.

"They used to use explosive combinations of minerals and fire to cause little lead pellets to expel from tubes and kill other humans at close distances and the same minerals to construct weapons that killed hundreds of other humans at once, while the leaders sat in cooled buildings and decided on who to kill next."

I see that as an entry in a future log of events of the past.

Seems like we are advancing faster than we can get a grip on it.

Latest posts

Back