Improving my RSO process.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Alasgun

life's good Today!
Reaction score
Like most, i store the weed in qt jars in the freezer. I read one time about freezing the alcohol before washing the weed with it, dont remember the reason, think it inhibited some of the chlorophyl carrover?
Dump the weed into a pan, wash it with the alcohol then set up the cooker. Anyway at the end of the run those jars were always a bear to clean and they were pretty well relagated as weed jars. (Not a bad thing)
So today it dawned on me, hey stupid the weeds already in the freezer along with the gallons of 200prf so why not just add the wash to those jars and shake the tar out of them, back in the freezer, shake tar etc.
Well i set up the rice cooker and poured the jars contents thru my sieve, into the cooker and let er rip.
Then when i got to the cleanup part i noticed the jars were already squeaky clean! The alky got every last bit of the sticky out!

Ill admit im easily entertained and this may not be a revelation to anyone but me, but if yur as new at this as we are, you get it.

The results - 1 oz of blueberry and 1/2 oz of painkiller xl RSO!

And thinking of the alcohol recovery tips i got from several of you earlier. That will be the next project. Today i seeded the clouds.

Last edited:
I take my 190% and put in a 5 gal bucket with some dry ice. I put the frozen trim in a brewing bag. I let it steep for about 5 minutes. Then I filter it to take out the plant waxes and fats. Then recover the alcohol.

For another option: freeze pot, jars and booze ( 190 everclear) for at least 48 hours. Put pot in jars put gloves on cause it is cold, and shake for 3 min. Pour out booze, add new booze and do second wash. Strain well and strain again, then reclaim the everclear in the megahome water distiller. This turns out a lovely amber golden color. Very happy with this way. Our process has evolved over the last 9 years.

Not being fans of coconut oil, when the oils all but done we add a half stick of butter. Then while everythings still warm, pour it into .75 oz apothocary jars.
Then its straight to the freezer for an hour to keep the butter from settling out after which it doesnt seem to matter, it stays in suspension.
We find dosing easier this way and Mom's got a smidgen measuring spoon she uses. One level smidgen has seemed to be a standard, nen she tried that Blueberry i made yesterday. All I can say is it must be good, might have to take a little less next time Darling!

Morning all, looking at taking my RSO production (still working on first real med) to the next level.
Alasgun do you mind me interacting into your thread?
I have a dear patron who is in need of RSO for family members (cancer, Parkinson, intestinal ailments and others.) So I can provide all the ingredients but I am looking for the best appliances to produce the oil.
Rose speaks about the Megahome distiller? how about magnetic stiring plates?
I need to find the best appliances to use and she will purchase the devices for me. (such a deal, she's my little sister.)
I'm so excited, my basement workshop is being converted to kitchen laboratory, what else is their to do all winter up here in cold snowy MA.
So I will have indica X valentine ready in about 2-3 weeks and that is all going into RSO.
A couple of years ago I was seriously thinking of moving to a legal state but the legal state came to me, Life is Good. :D

Please do, thats what this is all about. Now something i learned a while back, while at one of our dispenserys was making oil with freshly harvested plants! I had an Rmg cbd id cut the day before so when i got home we ran it thru the cooker! Wow, most fragrant oil weve made to date.

Dont subway say, "fresh is better"?

I read about the Megahome with interest but for us the rice cooker is so darn easy we've stuck with it. I dont condider the Alcohol cost to be prohibitive so having it go aways not a problem.

We're creatures of habit and its typical to stay with something your comfortable with.

A while back i added the alcohol to 3 qts of weed, then put everything in the freezer for a couple days before running the oil. That was 3 months ago and for some reason back then i only ran two of the jars so ive still got one, in the freezer 3 months latter!! I shake it every now and then, open it for a sniff etc and will get to it at some point but i dont see anything that concerns me at this point. It would probably function just fine at this point as a tincture, if i was into that.

Im down to 30 days and after that ill be freed up from the DOT job and can hopefully offer up something more concrete than "i know how to make oil"!

Latest posts

Back