Improving yield/efficiency

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mjrivers

Reaction score
So i'm trying to think of ways to make this grow easier. My set-up is in my journal and I'm basically running the same set-up except its in a 4x4 tent. I was thinking about pruning bottom branches right b4 flower so the top branches have bigger buds, also I'm going to monitor my pH and nutes better I slacked last time. I'm going to be running ten plants this time so hopefully the 4x4x ten and limiting their size by lst them. Anyone got any idea(s)?

I take it you are planning a sog grow? IMO you will have to trim much of the lower branches just to get all of those to fit, depending on veg. time.

It will be pretty tough to put 10 plants in a 4x4 area unless you flower them really young.

what pot size will u use ? If 1 or 2 gallon you can fit them in 4x4, if 3 gallon no way. 8 is a good number to fit there with 3 gallon pots.

Clones or from seed ?

Hey MJ just looked at your first grow. Really nice job. Some folks don't do that well by their 3rd or 4th run. I don't know how easy it will be to run 10 plant in that space unless you use like 3gal smart bags or something like that. You will definitely want to flip them when they are no more than 1ft tall as when they stretch you will have a hard time keeping the ones on the outside in decent light.

You will have to keep the light backed up as far as possible to constantly keep everyone under it. Rather than trimming beneath them, I would focus on keeping them low through LST and/or topping, or fimming. Be sure you check on the strain though before topping or fimming as some plant strain don't take well to it. :) Big Bud mojo for yer next run bro :)

I guess you could call it a sog grow, they are all from clone and range from 6''-8'' right now and I planned to flip them when they were about 1-1.5' bc I was super full with the closet thats why i bumped up to a 4x4 tent and planned on limiting their height. I don't want to top or fim bc everything i've read on here poeples opinions vary so much and I would rather just leave the plants alone. I have 6 of them in 1g pots and 4 of them in 5g filled half way so 2.5g. I gotta get 2-3g pots from the store for the other plants but my local steins was sold out.

thanks HP I thought 1.5oz average for my first grow wasn't bad but those were 3.5'-4' plants so hopefully i average that on 2-3' plants

I will do SOG's somewhere in a near future and the way i will do it is 15 1 gallon smartpots ( i also have a tent 4x4 ) with one week veg after rooted.

10 plants in a 4x4 tent in 3 gallons will be overgrow for sure. The humidity will be a big problem.

Latest posts

Back