in a new indorr grower and i need help

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

metrosomething

Reaction score
hey everyone

since everybody in the seems cool...i deeply need help
i tired of buying my bud.......and everyone who sells it live too far away

first im not to sure which type of seeds im going to buy?
i would like some haze
in new york they call it purple haze....not to sure if thats the real name
or anything else that would be great
thinking about 18-25 seeds
thinking about ordering from nirvana
anyone has suggestions on what seeds for this first time grower?

Also im planning of growing it my closet its 9 feet high ---8 feet wide---3 ft deep

Thinking about using a fish tank 30 gallon

I know i need light

which lights should i get?

wanted to grow in soil ( heard scot is the best )

I wanted to know
what other equipment should i get ? meter , books anything

i will start a journal when i get them

imho.. if u have a fish tank... paint the sides black... get a piece of acrylic to put over the top.. drill some holes... place in pots... pop in a aquarium air pump and make a DWC hydro setup.

i was thinking about covering the sides with blakc paper...but painting it would be a better idea.

since im new i dont know much.........

why put some acrylic on the top and drill holes

aquarium air pump im guessing for air.....( someone told me computer fans)

what else would be a good idea

thanks for comments

the acrylic will give u a solid top... the holes are for the net pots.. and the air pump is to keep air in the water... so roots will grow into it w/o dying.

Thinking about using a fish tank 30 gallon

wanted to grow in soil ( heard scot is the best )

the fish tank for hydro, OR pots for soil...."one or the other"

look for the sticky in the indoor growing forum titled "Growing resourses", I believe. A good starting point..

haha,, oh yes... i forgot!! soil!! Always a solid backup.

I think a lot of people use Fox Farm Soil though Ive been growing pretty well with just Miracle grow moisture control. Just make sure you dont crazy on the nutes and "burn" your plants. Oh and get a thermometer, and make sure the temp is like between 75-85 degrees. I think daylight compact flourescent lights will be good enough for vegetation stage also. You'll probably have to get a 400 watt HPS system for flowering (the higher the lumens the better it is for your plants). I think that'll cover the basics for now, the link Kade gave you helped me out a lot actually. These guys on the forums are really great and I couldnt have been at where I am now inmy growing w/o their help.

i would go with the hydro setup since you have the fish tank already less money

I was thinking of experimenting with a small DWC setup (just to get my feet wet, har dee har :D ). In all the pix I've seen the net pots never looked larger than about maybe 4-5 inches wide. Does the plant spend it's entire flowering life in a pot this size? Also, is a hydro store the only place to get these net pots?

One last Q: is it still a good idea to 'mist' plants that are hydro?

shadoed said:
I was thinking of experimenting with a small DWC setup (just to get my feet wet, har dee har :D ). In all the pix I've seen the net pots never looked larger than about maybe 4-5 inches wide. Does the plant spend it's entire flowering life in a pot this size? Also, is a hydro store the only place to get these net pots?

One last Q: is it still a good idea to 'mist' plants that are hydro?

Net pots used are usually 3.75" up to 12" the plants shouldnh't be moved once roots show. You can get net pots on ebay for $0.50 a piece or so.

KADE said:
Net pots used are usually 3.75" up to 12" the plants shouldnh't be moved once roots show. You can get net pots on ebay for $0.50 a piece or so.

Cool, thanks for that Kade.

Latest posts

Back