In terms of flavour "Fast Versions" of my favourite strains are not the same

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I'm not a breeder by any means and this is not a trolling session but I do know what I like when it comes to my herb and more importantly I can smell , see and taste the difference between the fast and photoperiod genetics.
My feeling is that with THC levels hitting their theoretical maximum with current tech and pgr based boosters etc that the marketing power of the "high thc" category is losing it's weight and so we are seeing a newish thread of extremely fast flowering feminised genetics with no mention of the underlying addition of Ruleradis genetics into the cross.
Delicious candy fast version 1 pheno finished in 45 days and tasted awful like the bud was laden with seed , which it wasn't ! this is why i avoid auto's
the other 2 seeds gave me two different pheno's again these were ok but just like a silvery green skunk and nothing to speak of in terms of depth of flavour.
none of the 3 had the delicious candy taste , cheese , lavender , liquorice, caramel disappointing in an expensive kind of way.
I won't be substituting for the real mcoy again
Thought i could share this and see if anyone else has had similar experiences recently
Peace out
G

I'm not a breeder by any means and this is not a trolling session but I do know what I like when it comes to my herb and more importantly I can smell , see and taste the difference between the fast and photoperiod genetics.
My feeling is that with THC levels hitting their theoretical maximum with current tech and pgr based boosters etc that the marketing power of the "high thc" category is losing it's weight and so we are seeing a newish thread of extremely fast flowering feminised genetics with no mention of the underlying addition of Ruleradis genetics into the cross.
Delicious candy fast version 1 pheno finished in 45 days and tasted awful like the bud was laden with seed , which it wasn't ! this is why i avoid auto's
the other 2 seeds gave me two different pheno's again these were ok but just like a silvery green skunk and nothing to speak of in terms of depth of flavour.
none of the 3 had the delicious candy taste , cheese , lavender , liquorice, caramel disappointing in an expensive kind of way.
I won't be substituting for the real mcoy again
Thought i could share this and see if anyone else has had similar experiences recently
Peace out
G
I too have a problem chasing that great tasting weed from yesteryears , I think over breeding and mixing strains has ruined the once Great Weeds we had as teens.

over breeding causes bottle necking of the species

open pollination is the key to preserving cannabis strandivars

my last pollination I used pollen from five different males , the same flavor , ecsd x ogers , and pollinated a bunch of females

i am looking through those beans the last two years and found one that comes as close to road kill skunk than I’ve seen and n a long long time

we are going to plant some of the seeds that were on the skunk...it’s old school gear

this next season we are planning to pollinate some old school Jamaican and African strandivars

the last boutique strain I smoked was 3 years ago...spectacular and beautiful looking buds!...

but they smoked and felt like a combination of cotton cloth and paper cardboard

never again , some of those PGR’s cause cancer

old school outdoor grown cannabis with organic nutrients and sun ripened , well that is primo herb which is difficult to copy

the old skunks and northern lights , some good Mexicans from days gone by , some good columbian low and highland strains , some African and Asian , throw in some old afghanis and BAM!....purple haze off in my brain!

I've worked with auto's a couple of years in a row now, outside. It's nice to have fresh buds Mid June. I usually order a few varieties. I have had some that turned out really well and more that did not. The only one I have had that really stood out was a Bruce Banner Auto, I think #4. I'd have to search through tons of old e-mails to see who I ordered it from. And, who knows, the next one wont be the same as the last. Watching Carty is really fun. Kind of giving me the fever to order about 50 autos for next year. My arthritis and back would not be happy running through the fields in the dark with buckets again though. It's nice to dream. Then you gotta figure if it did take off, what the hell would I do with it all? LOL On my latest searches of seeds sites It's hard to find the old school skunk.

Latest posts

Back