In the Test Room with PJ - Testing a new light

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Great ganja grow PJ. Wake and bake time as I follow along this morning. Peace.

i am lurking as i have been interested in leds and find your technical/scientific approach and knowledge very interesting. thanks and looking forward to the ride.

looks like you are gonna need a :icon_smile: bigger room,lookin great:icon_smile:

Weekly update:

On day 24 all plants were pulled, some minor trimming was done to remove any and all growth at the lower branches that had come back and stakes were added as needed.

I had thought going in I could keep this strain under control, but she for sure has a mind of her own. The wanted 2 foot finish has now moved to about 3 and a half feet if I am lucky which is about where it will be difficult to maintain the 2 foot distance I have been asked to keep the light at for flowering is she goes any more.

She has always taken off in the past, but I normally took her 21 days of veg and thought the extra week short would hold her down. Wrong :stoned:

So far the light is working as advertised and here we are at 26 days.

View attachment 3-weeks.gif

This plant is a little bit of a slower starter and takes about 8 to 10 days before she really starts to show any real sex indication, so she goes 78 days typically. For those who count by flip she is a 78 day strain. If you count from sexing however like many do, she is an advertised 70 day flower which is about right.

In any case she is 26 days flipped, or just a little over 2 weeks in flower.

View attachment 3.gif

One thing is for sure, we certainly will be able to see just how far down this light reaches.
;)

Last edited by a moderator:
Looking good bro. Yeah she sure likes to do her thang. :D

Very nice PJ! I love seeing the sugar building up that early in flower!

PJ,
Still lookin` great, keep it up. Those lights look like the real deal.

Looking good bro. Yeah she sure likes to do her thang. :D
Man you ain't kiddin. mind of her own.

Very nice PJ! I love seeing the sugar building up that early in flower!
Me too.
Very nice PJ~
Thank you
Looking good PJ. :)
Thank you
Nice job PJ. Green Mojo Bro
Thank you
PJ,
Still lookin` great, keep it up. Those lights look like the real deal.
So far so good.

Thanks for the post Lesso. I have been a fan of EBB for almost 35 years, and so far I am a fan.
:)
I also have run DWC, RDWC, UC,Aero and just about every other type of hydroponics over the years.

Personally I would not run the rock between the plants "unless" you are running the same strain. You don't want to have the roots of different stains competing for space, and by adding the rocks the roots will not dry off and they will fight each other and someone is going to lose.

It's fine for a mono crop, but I'd still advise against it because if the plants decide to take off at different rates it's going to be tough to move a plant here and one there to help create an even canopy. Roots will be locked in, and that's not gonna work.

Best of luck to you in your endeavor, and the greenest of mojos!

Thanks for the input. The rocks between are for displacement of the water due to not being able to find a 100 gallon res that would be worth anything. This way i can fill the table with about 40 gallons.The pots are regular nursery pots that i can move around at will...i just have to push some rocks around to do so. A little training here or there will keep the canopy pretty even....i am running these as mothers and will clone them in about 4 weeks. I wont be in a multi strain grow after that...if i find what im looking for.

Last edited:
If your plants are going to finish in the 3ft range, do the led lights penetrate that far? I have heard that the leds are more like t5 lights in that respect...great output but lacking in penetration. I really want to switch to leds but havent been able to test them yet...i love the efficiency and lack of heat compared to hid.

If your plants are going to finish in the 3ft range, do the led lights penetrate that far? I have heard that the leds are more like t5 lights in that respect...great output but lacking in penetration. I really want to switch to leds but havent been able to test them yet...i love the efficiency and lack of heat compared to hid.

Proper training is the key to being successful with LED technology. While the penetration is certainly not as great as HID lighting, I have in the past with a different light flowered down close to 6 feet. This was a test plant I did for a guy last year that was the best I have done at over 3 GPW and went 133 days.

View attachment 1.jpg

View attachment 2.jpg

View attachment 3.jpg

View attachment 4.jpg

View attachment 5.jpg

The light I am testing here has an advertised penetration of 16" fully flowered to answer your question. This is also a high end light unlike many seen on this site. In comparison to a T5, it's night and day. I would also have to say in comparison to a lot of LED's out there it is night and day.

I have a thread on tips and tricks with LED's, and since I didn't really show any start to finish pics I thought this thread would be good for the masses to see what I am talking about.

We'll all see together just how far down it reaches, but I picked this strain exclusively because it holds most of it's weight in the top 1/3rd anyway, so it should be pretty decent.

Weekly updated pics tomorrow, and thanks for following along.
;)

Those look like they are going to be full of trichs...nice.

Latest posts

Back