In which position will the seed germinate in the soil ?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DonPilin

Reaction score
Hello g day. Does it go horizontally or vertically?if vertically, which one goes up and which one goes down?thanks

The seedling will grow towards the top of pot and roots down
Does not matter on seed placement.
  • Short answer: Seeds can sense gravity and position themselves in accordance with it. This behavior is dictated by a physical phenomenon called gravitropism, wherein the growth of a plant is governed by the force of gravity acting on it. Roots grow in the direction of the gravitational pull, whereas stems grow in the opposite direction.

it's an illusion bubba, only when smoke rises out of big's ears are the wheels turning...;)
1641065786204.png

When I have older seeds, or fungal contamination issues, I chemically scarify with household H2O2. Very simple protocol that has worked well for me at commercial scale.

ya all see that ?……..chemically scarify

scarify :

scarify
verb (1)
https://www.merriam-webster.com/login

scar·i·fy | \ ˈsker-ə-ˌfī \
scarified; scarifying

Definition of scarify
(Entry 1 of 2)
transitive verb
1: to make scratches or small cuts in (something, such as the skin)scarify an area for vaccination
2: to lacerate the feelings of
3: to break up, loosen, or roughen the surface of (something, such as a field or road)
4: to cut or soften the wall of (a hard seed) to hasten germination

ya all see that ?……..chemically scarify

scarify :

scarify
verb (1)
Login | Merriam-Webster

scar·i·fy | \ ˈsker-ə-ˌfī \
scarified; scarifying

Definition of scarify
(Entry 1 of 2)
transitive verb
1: to make scratches or small cuts in (something, such as the skin)scarify an area for vaccination
2: to lacerate the feelings of
3: to break up, loosen, or roughen the surface of (something, such as a field or road)
4: to cut or soften the wall of (a hard seed) to hasten germination
Thanks for the reference! I posted the detailed protocol over in the advanced growing forum. Cheers!

Latest posts

Back