incadescent bulb for cloner?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
it is a william's wonder, i have a bubbler cloner already, 90-100% success rate is dependent on strain. my other plant i always get 100% in the cloner i chose oasis this time cuz it's easier to keep temps with insulation and couple lamps than having to add water heater + i always used bubble cloning so i chose to give em a try with oasis. i dont know if they have root bumps cuz theyr in the oasis but they lookin very healthy

sorry zem totally slipped my fading memory that youre in oasis cubes. duh. off subject, did you figure out your venturi problem?

doc no i havent but i havent tried again cuz i dont know wat else i could try, i just placed the airline on the side of outlet but it pumped water out :confused: anyway i put a pump on timer to just top my res im using bubbler for airing.
puffmonkey no theyr not wilting at all they look exactly like they did in those pics i posted

ill try to get ahold of a powerhead rep i used to deal w/ to get to the bottom of this.

i took a whole new bunch of clones today i put em in bigger closet and its much bigger space then that box i had to add 100watt incadescebt along with 3 cfls total 90watts to get temps back to 80! its cold today. i took a lot from my other plants the ones that are easy to clone because i'm worried the 1st ones i took will again fail to clone. i tell ya this plant gives the best bud you couldsee but it's very low in cloning rates.

the old ones are starving to death as usual! 20 days and nothing, temps are at 80 closed dome but no roots and theyr starting to get yellow brown tips, some still look like i took them yesterday. i'll eventually end up with 2 or 3 rooted thats what usually happens, thats crazy, i took like 35 clones.

5 clones rooted! :D from the old ones thats at least cuz they haveroots shooting out the bottom, i bet there are othersthat will show up the roots shortly and still hidden in that oasis cube. i gave em a slight feeding to help em. they took so long, lets hope i get 10 or more rooted outa them this time :D

there :D you can see how theyr yellowing feeding on themselves

IMG_4476 (Small).jpg

IMG_4488 (Small).jpg

woo hoo about time huh? what is your substrate temp? curious as to think this might be some of the problem.

doc i dont know the substrate temp but the dome was kept at 80

My suggestion is to take smaller clones with less sets of leaves.
after a day or 2 take off the dome all together.

If you give them a light nute dose use bloom nutes.

total is now 6 rooted clones, i gave the cloner a foilar feeding it seemsto help! i think some more will pop, cuz there are some i think are even stretching but still havent showed roots outa that oasis. GD do you think that removing the dome before roots pop isa good idea? i thought that humidity and heat woulkd help the clone form its roots. i will not giveup on this plant simply becuz its worth it, next time i will do scarification to all my clones, i think this might help a lot sincethe clones seem to me like they wana root but havin a hard time to push those roots outatheir stems, cheers ;)

i just checked on them and :shocked: 4 more rooters! total 10 rooted now :D i managed to get a higher rate for sure lets see how much higher

thanks doc:) 2 more rooters 12 total rooted out of 32 that's 37.5% already. i was curious about the new batch of clones taken 10 days ago so i just raised one and it's got a root goin out of the cube :holysheep: those are real quick rooters

i counted the total rooted clones as i was rearranging my cloner and i got a total of 16/32 rooted exactly 50% out of the william's wonder. the blue frost clones were taken more than 2 weeks after and they rooted 100% under less optimal conditions. thats the 1st time i get this rate out of the william's wonder actually i used to get like only 2-3 rooted clones out of it. this pic shows the ones that didnt root, not dead, just standing there starving and not rooting. i dont know wat else i could try. currently i took some more and tried scarification but my hopes are not high so i took many blue frost clones with them, cheers ;)

IMG_4559 (Small).jpg

Latest posts

Back