Incidental light during flowering and the 12/12 period

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

FemmeFatale

"Imagine no religion"
Reaction score
I was wondering if anyone has experienced herm because of very slight light period changes. I wonder how much a plant is actually affected if a very small diffused amount of light was to enter the grow room or say a delay of 15 to 30 mins of the 12/12 period. I have accidentally left my grow room open just a crack for up to 30 mins longer than the usual "lights off" during the flower period. I have stood in my room with the door closed and can't see my hand in front of my face. This made me think about what effect does the light of the moon have on a outdoor grow when it is quite easy to see outside most nights so why does everyone suggest absolutely no light or even a crack enter the room. I'm just curious if are over concerned with an occasional light intrusion of a diffused of low light. (we're not talking about a 1000 watt bursts). Here is a couple of pics. Barneys LSD and Vanilla Kush at 4 weeks flower

Picture 009b.jpg

Picture 008b.jpg

FemmeFatale said:
I was wondering if anyone has experienced herm because of very slight light period changes. I wonder how much a plant is actually affected if a very small diffused amount of light was to enter the grow room or say a delay of 15 to 30 mins of the 12/12 period. I have accidentally left my grow room open just a crack for up to 30 mins longer than the usual "lights off" during the flower period. I have stood in my room with the door closed and can't see my hand in front of my face. This made me think about what effect does the light of the moon have on a outdoor grow when it is quite easy to see outside most nights so why does everyone suggest absolutely no light or even a crack enter the room. I'm just curious if are over concerned with an occasional light intrusion of a diffused of low light. (we're not talking about a 1000 watt bursts). Here is a couple of pics. Barneys LSD and Vanilla Kush at 4 weeks flower

It is going to be "somewhat" dependent on the 'stability' and 'strength' of the particular strains genetics.."IMO/E". Some will tolerate more stress than others.
OD the 'reflected' light from the moon is too weak to affect the flowering hormone.

As long as the light leak is weak and not hitting the plants you will be ok. Imo, the time being different by 15-30 min a day is fine and will not cuase probs. Both my timers stopped working in the same week a few months ago. Ive been turning everything on when I wake up around 6-6:30 and turning them off around 6ish. It is alwys different the plants Do not have stop watches as long as your within an hour your fine.

Your plants look very good!! I think you got this!

I believe that diffused light in flowering would affect the bud development more than cause hermies. It is actually interruption of the dark period that seems to cause most hermies. I have sometimes left the door open for 30 minute or more after lights out. I have on rare occasion, opened the door after lights out because I didn't pay enough attention to the time. I do not get hermies. I believe that this is because I run stable strains.

Latest posts

Back