Incidental light in vegging room question

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

FemmeFatale

"Imagine no religion"
Reaction score
I want to start a second room to veg in. I didn't want to use a regular door so I thought I would just use a piece of plywood on hinges. Is it a problem if incidental light enters vegging room during dark hours of 18/6? I'm setting up the room inside an unused bedroom. I have a desk in there and use it to study. I may turn on a light and some light may enter the vegging room because the door won't be tight fitting. Is this a problem during the vegging dark hours?

Not a problem...When in veg the more light u give them during a 24hr period the better.

Go 24/0- it's much better for your plants and will give you more growth and faster growth. Will also reduce stretch.

Dark period interruptions should not cause hermaphrodism while the plant is not sexually mature. I think?

BBFan said:
Go 24/0- it's much better for your plants and will give you more growth and faster growth. Will also reduce stretch.

Dark period interruptions should not cause hermaphrodism while the plant is not sexually mature. I think?
:aok:... though "I" would still question the possible negative influence a varied and inconsistent light schedule 'might' induce.

I would also recommend a 24/7 light schedule for vegging. Marijuana does not need a dark period and will grow all the time the lights are on. Running 18/6 slows veg and encourages stretching. With a 24/7 veg schedule you will have tighter internodes and a bushier plant.

I think you are going to love having a separate veg room.

Won't 24/7 screw up the cycle between flowering and the next vegging to come into room? I mean if I went 24/7 in vegging...and I moved them into flowering room at say...20", the next batch of vegging will be ready to be moved into flower again before the current flower is finished causing crowding in the flower room or plants that are too tall if I wait....seems unless you have lots of room in flower room it will defeat the purpose. I have small rooms and its crowded if I have 8 plants in there.:confused: :joint4:

top and clone

or start a mom

or build another room lol

FemmeFatale said:
Won't 24/7 screw up the cycle between flowering and the next vegging to come into room? I mean if I went 24/7 in vegging...and I moved them into flowering room at say...20", the next batch of vegging will be ready to be moved into flower again before the current flower is finished causing crowding in the flower room or plants that are too tall if I wait....seems unless you have lots of room in flower room it will defeat the purpose. I have small rooms and its crowded if I have 8 plants in there.:confused: :joint4:

.."IME".. 24/0 encouraged more growth/tighter nodes, BUT shorter height (less stretch)

FemmeFatale said:

No. Running your lights 18/6 probably actually causes your plants to be taller with larger internodal spacing.

Latest posts

Back