Increased Cannabis Production

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Cherry X

Reaction score
In a marijuana plant, auxin is always distributed at the top of the sun. Therefore, marijuana that grows completely freely always has only one main stem and many side branches, which grow up uniquely. Our method of changing the shape and increasing production is based on this situation. During the vegetative period of the plant, the stem is relatively soft and the plant has strong resistance to resistance.
✅
Step 1: When there are 4-6 nodes on the main stem, bend the main stem
The layering is also called LST (low stress training). The first step is to break the situation where the auxin is distributed in a large amount at the top. When the stem is soft, use a thick and soft band to fix the rhizome connection part of the plant to fix the plant, and use the band to bend the top stem. You must be slow in the bending process, and don't break her. If it is difficult to break the bend at a time, you can break it slowly day by day.
✅
Step 2: Bend the other tallest stem
Continue to break the top rule. After the plant has adapted to this shape, bend the top of the stem to make the height of the stems of the plant converge, so that the auxin is evenly distributed in each stem, and the light is used to make each stem The poles can play their maximum growth potential. New branches that are too tender can wait a little longer and never break them.
✅
Step 3: Repeat
Because the main stem is the thickest, the main stem tends to have more auxin, so the main stem will still extend new branches upward. After there are about 3 branches in the horizontal direction of the main stem, we can no longer bend the main stem, or it will grow into a snake. We let the main stem continue to grow upwards and bend the branches on the main stem to allow them to obtain more auxin and become the new main stem. Then bend these new main stems, and so on.
✅
Step 4: Watch the cannabis plant flourish during the flowering period
Stop when the marijuana grows its calyx, because the marijuana entering the pre-flowering period will not change its body shape. The branches of the cannabis that enter the pre-flowering period should be evenly pointed upwards, and the long and crooked branches affect the yield.
压条.jpg

压条方法示意图.jpg

I for one, do not engage in "LST" training. All this can be done without hog tying the plant. I do not see it used commercially. I have never done it, likely never will. Just dont get it. Frankly, I think its just one of those "techniques" put out there to engage newer growers in the hobby to buy more stuff. The idea is to get you "involved" which results in people spending more money. I don't see more advanced growers here showing this "technique" either.

I create plants that look like you show, but different technique. I don't top until the 6th or 7th leaf set, then cut it down further. Remove the lower shoots. (the ones you have tied down) for all focus to be on the two shoots from the cut. When they have made 6 0r 7 sets, top again.

This will result in a MUCH larger root system at topping time, and a nice fat stem. Continue to remove new shoots so all energy focuses on the new shoots. This will result in the new shoots becoming strong thick stems that can support big colas. If you want to know how thick, full and large a cola will be, look at the stem's size. Big stem, big cola. As the colas swell, their weight will cause the colas to spread apart, as gravity pulls on this new bud weight.

If a stem needs moved, I just move it. Resisting the "move"? squash stem between thumb and finger, then bend it where it needs to go. Rarely do I need to do this, but if so...usually can get there moving or turning pots. I dont understand tying down early stems that in my mind, should be removed.

Question: Commercial growers....do you "LST"?

Bubba

Latest posts

Back