Increasing nute dosage.....

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

migia

Joseph Cambell's Nirvana
Reaction score
Hello all, I have a question regarding the proper way to increase nutes to my plants. Let me say that this is my FIRST EVER grow. I am using some CFL's (162 total watts), my cab is 30''W x 12"D x 4'(ft)H, I do have good ventilation I think (One 4.5" exhaust fan with passive air intake). The plants (2 females only) seem very happy (healthy) for the most part; they are almost 3 weeks into flowering after vegging for 3 weeks from seed. The purpose of this grow was ONLY to learn the plant; its tendencies, growth, and everything about it possible. Anyhow, I gave them a half dose (half a tablespoon per gallon) of nutes (MG 15-30-15 bloom booster) at the start of week two. A week later which was yesterday they received another dose but this time a full dose (one tablespoon per gallon). Am i increasing correctly and proportionally? I have read everywhere that MJ loves a lot of nutes but you MUST work it up slowly. Can anybody comment on any of this? Thank you all in advance.

Let me stress again, this is MY FIRST GROW. I know the recommendations concerning CFL's and vegging time, I would rather veg longer than I did and use HPS lighting as well. I have a lot of respect for the plant and I will not waste my time and money. Once I learn how to grow cannabis correctly I will by all the proper and BEST equipment and follow every procedure. Thank you guys.....

Well 1st off whats the strain your growing. Different strains like different amounts of nutes, This can only be worked out buy experimenting when you get a new strain. Eg: I grew MI5 and RRF Same age, same size yet the MI5 always wanted more nutes than the other.

Also it would depend if they are Auto or photo (Autos dont need much at all compared to photo). MG is a strong nutrient mix for MJ so be careful with that. Just start off slow at a half, if they look like they need more increase it to 3/4s then to a whole. As far as i know no one is going to be able to tell you the needs of your plants besides your self. Its like watering its something you get the hang of with experience.

Thats my opinion.

Loose the mg there is too much nitrogen in it to be used as a bloom nute even if it is labeled as a bloom booster.

Click the link in my signature... about 3rd post you see a real "bloom booster" also boosters are supposed to be used at certain points of flowering not through out. A proper booster will have no nitrogen example 0-33-23.

I'm with Puffin--you need different nutes. IMO, that has far too much N for flowering. I highly recommend getting some bloom nutes formulated for mj.

Oh ok. Thank you guys......
Here's what I got:
1-No MG nutes (Too high in Nitrogen for flowering).
2-According to your advise dont increase quite so quickly as I have.

I will check the bloom booster in your sig Puffin, Thank you.

Also I just wanted to mention that I did not get the bloom booster food to "boost bloom" really lol; I chose that because I thought it was the correct type of (nutrient) ratio for flowering growth but now realize that it has too much nitrogen. What I mean is: my intention was for the MG to be used as food and not a booster, sorry for the confusion on that one. My fault.

Finally, and sorry I forgot to mention, the seeds were only bagseed. Again, im learning so nothing special.

Thank you guys so much for all the help!

Latest posts

Back