indoor ferts

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dozer42

Reaction score
could advanced growers please post some advice on how they feed their flowering plants in soil. this is my frist indoor and i am really using is as a learning process. i have 9 plants under a 600 hps and have just been feeding them some fert i bought at wal-mart 10-30-10. following the directions for tomatos. i know this isnt the best way for feeding so i am looking for advice for my next crop.

Whats up dozer42. I myself use Fox Farm nutes when it comes time. ;)

Yo Dozer, I'm with TBG on nutes! Having said that, growing like life is a learning experience. If you finish what you got see the wonderful results, then next grow try it our way. Then the next time add FF's Beastie Buds at the proper time (FF recomends only 2 doses near the end) and watch the buds pop!

My bud gave me enough for the 2 doses this grow and and over the next couple days they seemed to grow 3 sizes, My eyes nearly popped !

IMHO i like to follow K.I.S.S. = keep it simple stupid. i use GH 3 part chem and dutch master foliar feed with penetrator AND THAT'S IT FOLKS. proper lights, temps and soil. humidity levels and a good water/feed schedule properly ph'ed, = excellent bud. all the rest are sales gimmicks to get yer cash - with the most famous from my area; AN with their 20 "needed" additives - no wait. 22 as there are 2 new ones in the new catelogue. ever heard the old - "snake oil" it will cure all ailments known to mankind. = 150 proof whiskey with a bunch of junk added. organics are slightly different.

Dutch Master folitechs and snake oil mentioned in the same paragraph....interesting.

have you tried the dutch master penetrator? i have, and it works successfully in the light cycle - no burn at all. or do you not think that foliar feeding works? AN has come out with a similar product besides wet betty. GH has 1 in the works. all the additives are interesting - read the label ingredients carefully. AN has 1 that is primarily black strap molasses and b1 water that you can purchase fer around 19.99 a litre. good buy eh? im not saying that they do not work, im saying you pay a small fortune for things that you can find in yer kitchen.

ya ya Astra...I'm aware that there is quite a bit of benefit to be had with foliar feeding.

Its the price of the penetrators and wet bettys of the market I've issue with. Glorified starch is all that stuff is. Used to prevent run off more than anything.

And being as run off is under the spell of gravity...it finds its way down to the grow medium where it will eventually be absorbed by the roots.

Foliar feeding for sure is a good thing to do...but, being as a super diluted amount of any typical liquid or water soluble nute spray can be whipped up at home...I can't see bothering with purchasing foliar specific products.

Especially being as DutchMaster's penetrator is so damn pricey. That and they have folks purchasing a veg, and a flowering blend. That and the ratios of the essentials, when comparing their standard root feeding nutrient vs their foliar sprays...are awfully awfully close to being the same.

Verdict...make your own foliar spray. Ala miniscule amounts of nutrient. ie...5 granules of your current water soluble nute added to a spray bottle. And or, dip the tip of a straw into a liquid nute and then stir the tip into your water bottle.

Another thing to consider about foliar sprays....why is it that flushing the medium is a wise thing to do?

So what's a likely outcome at the veins of leaves and stems when there's an excess of salts present?

IMHO you can make yer foliar feed and spray in the dark all ye want. d/m penetrator is dirt cheap considering you only use 30 ml per spray and no worries. salt build up? my entire crop is 8 - 9 weeks; clone to harvest. as fer run off? you mist spray yer plants not drench them and how would the nutrients harm the roots, prey tell? 5 granulals? still using powder? i used that way back in the 70's. flushing or watering everyday fer 2 weeks removes all the chems that the plant does not utilize as its dieing. you think this wrong? happy smoking the black crap 20 lites a doobie

any1 else got an opinion?

Penetrators and wet bettys, sounds nasty, I like it! I suppose you could say "penetrat'er wet bettys" or not!

Right right Astra...again...I'm not knocking the product...just citing that a similar result can be DIY'd. I'm not harping your choice of methods friend. We all do what works for us till something better comes along ya?

i still use the old faithful GH 3 part, but i tried the D/M foliar to see if there was a difference. to each his own. startch eh? hhhmmmmmm

Latest posts

Back