Indoor Growing Journal

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

NoName

Reaction score
This is my first serious attempt at growing weed so I'm pretty new at this. I've been doing a lot of research on the subject so I think my plant(s) will turn out okay. I started out by germinating 10 seeds in a damp paper towel and I had like a 100% success rate at that but when I put them in the soil my success rate when down dramatically. Only one of them sprouted. I may have overwatered. But that one plant is doing absolutely fantastic. That's why I'm posting here. It's only two weeks in and it's probably about 4 inches high. Please god make it a female! Well, I've started to germinate more seeds and a couple that I've put in the soil look to be growing... so we'll see. It's early.

DSC00966.JPG

Also, does anyone have any idea what type of marijuana plant it is from the picture? Or how about the sex? Or are both questions just too early to answer at this stage? The seeds that I germinated are from the bags of weed that I've smoked over years. I've been saving them since whenever. I just picked the best looking ones. None of them are from before 2003 so they're not all that old.

nothing b4 03 well thas good.... most seeds only survive a few years of storage.... WAAAY to early to tell sex... and can't really tell plant type till it buds.. even there is a slim chance a person can tell 100%

Just thought I'd update you guys... The plant is looking good. I know it's still too early to determine sex but can anyone determine what type of marijuana plant it is?

DSC00982.JPG

Honestly, it doesn't matter what type of plant it is. Names don't mean much unless you are buying designer seeds, IMO. The grow and the factors such as soil, light, nutes, temps, wind, ect will effect a grow, and the final product can vary significantly between different growers growing the same genetic plants.

As for your grow, it's coming along pretty well. I'd suggest getting some more light onto that girl (here's hoping it's a she!) and see what she does. What size container do you have her in? How many hours of light a day are you giving her? How often and how much do you water her? Have you given her any nutes? You have a fan on her? :D

The plant is in an 8 qt (2.4gal) container. I have one 40 watt regular fluorescent light and one 20 watt fluorescent grow light. 24 hours a day of light so far. I'm watering every other day or so, when ever it seems like the soil is getting dry. I'm not really sure if I can get another light in my small closet but I'll see if I can make room.

I got bored so I decided post a few more pics. The first is a better and updated pic of my main plant and the second is the growing room.

DSC00988.JPG

DSC00985.JPG

You DEFINITELY need more light on those babies. They are stretching out..... you need to get a fan on them as well.....

I'll see what I can do but so far the plants have been growing pretty well. It's during the flowering stage where I really need some intensity on the lights.

just get that light a bit closer. Fluros are great since they don't burn. Closer the better and the less stretching. Definetly get a fan in there a slight breeze will thicken those stems up!

Whats up NoName. Your babies are looking great. May i make a suggestion. You see how big the other plant is to the rest you might wanna stick something under the pots on the other plants to raise them up. If not they are gonna stretch real bad on ya.

THE BROTHER'S GRUNT said:
Whats up NoName. Your babies are looking great. May i make a suggestion. You see how big the other plant is to the rest you might wanna stick something under the pots on the other plants to raise them up. If not they are gonna stretch real bad on ya.

This is great advice. You want the top of your canopy to be level.

I put the large plant through the flowering stage and I noticed small balls forming on the top and sides of the plant. It's still early but it's looking like this is a male plant. I also bought a 100 watt Hallogen lamp for the flowering stage in hopes that one of them will be female.

your going to find that a hallogen lamp, no matter what the wattage, will do nothing for your plants as they dont emit enough of the right spectrum of light. Either get some more CFL's or an envirolite. You could spring for a HID which your plants will love you for.

He's right, the halogen lamp is worthless to MJ. You really should read what we've been telling you.

Latest posts

Back