Indoor/Outdoor

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

PotSmokinSaint

P.P.H.S. Member
Reaction score
I've always wondered about this and this forum seems like the right place to ask this question. I know some buds grow better in certain climates and techniques but can you successfully grow outdoor plants inside and the other way around? What would be drawbacks of doing this or are there more advantages?

I have found that I can grow outdoor plants indoor with no problems. May have to do some lst or supercropping but it is pretty easy. Indoor plants that are grown outdoors is a bit different. Some indoor strains cannot handle the cooler temps very well. That is the only thing I have found.

in door grow is a much more controllable environment---and IMO the most dramatic difference between the 2 is size---not so easy to grow a 12 X 8 plant in doors

I do not see any difference in growing either indoor to out door or outdoor to indoor at all. The only problem i see is the temperature maintenance as the indoor will be different than the outdoor one.

When growing outdoors you need to pay attention to the flowering time of the plants you are intending to grow. The further north, (on this side of the equator), the shorter flowering time you are going to have so you will need a quicker flowering strain. Plants that are listed as outdoor are usually sativas that tend to grow tall and lanky. Sativas typically take more than 10 weeks to finish in flower so are limited as to how far north they can grow. Indicas finish quicker and are more sutible for northern growers but there are sativa/indica mixed strains that will fit the bill, also.

Latest posts

Back