Indoor raised bed?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MechaniMan

Reaction score
I've always heard the ladies care more about how wide it is than how deep it is šŸ˜‰

At some point in time here in the near future I'm going to be building a different more permanent grow room.
I'm bouncing the idea around in my head of using a permanent raised bed planter. I understand the concept of fabric Auto trimming the roots and allowing soil respiration but here's my question. Is it really going to be a big deal if I build a raised bed 16 inch deep planner out of lumber, is it really going to make that much of a difference? I'm also thinking I could just drill dozens and dozens of holes all through the sides of it, I'm talking 4'W x 8'L x 16"D deep box. Who knows, maybe I'll get extremely lucky and get that sponsorship someday and be able to hang that beautiful Mars Hydro FC-E4800 LED grow light over that bed. šŸ¤£ Imagine that! šŸ˜’

itā€™s been done before with good results

i do not know how that set up would do in a side by side with different grow methods

i wouldnā€™t think there would be much difference in a small closet grow but in a big warehouse like 100,000 sq feet , it may be worth it to find the best method

have you decided what strains will be in your garden ?

itā€™s been done before with good results

i do not know how that set up would do in a side by side with different grow methods

i wouldnā€™t think there would be much difference in a small closet grow but in a big warehouse like 100,000 sq feet , it may be worth it to find the best method

have you decided what strains will be in your garden ?
I have not given strains a thought yet. The spot where this would be built has a 9-ft ceiling though

The only potential issue I see is pest control. After I had the spider mite infestation I just tossed all the pots containing infected plants. I even threw away the plastic storage bin I used for a DWC. Then I was able to bug bomb the entire grow room multiple times, paint the walls, bleach the floor, etc.

I think a large wooden structure filled with dirt could prove to be difficult to keep bug free. Not a show stopper, but something to consider.

MM, crash has a good point. You can look on his garden page and see the problem he had just last year with spider mites. Although he kept us in stitches with his powerful positive and comical attitude about it. He worked his a$$ off getting rid of them. Having this ā€œpermanentā€ structure would be better if somehow removable for proper cleaning and sanitizing if necessary.

MM, crash has a good point. You can look on his garden page and see the problem he had just last year with spider mites. Although he kept us in stitches with his powerful positive and comical attitude about it. He worked his a$$ off getting rid of them. Having this ā€œpermanentā€ structure would be better if somehow removable for proper cleaning and sanitizing if necessary.
You're not just a pretty face .....

Latest posts

Back