Indoor to Outdoor Migration Shock

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Vegs

Reaction score
I have several Super Silver Haze females that were migrated from indoors hydroponics (LECP) to outdoors (soil) at day 65 due to out-growing it's indoor space. Currently they are at day 130 from seedling and 70 days into flowering. Pre flowers were present at day 60'ish while indoors. When moved outdoors they were conditioned for almost 2 weeks in shade. It's also good to know they were always at 12/12 when indoors. Also, when they were moved outside the light schedule was completely opposite from outdoor.

I understand going from indoor hydro to outdoor soil is nuts but I had to either risk the move outdoors or loose them. So now were are 70 days into it and only 2 are starting to show signs of flowering while the rest appear to be still vegging. They appear to be healthy and have grown quite a bit since being moved outside.

With all this taken into consideration, I suppose I am lucky none died or hermied but I am wondering just how much shock should I expect. I'm getting anxious for some SSH flowers. ;)' Does anyone have experience with these nuances of moving to the outdoors?

...not all of these "nuances" vegs, but I have a few OD grows under my belt.
"My" thoughts are that they "appear to be healthy and have grown quite a bit since being moved outside.", you should be golden. As long as your season will allow for the hazes long flowering schedule. My Od crop is nearing maturity right now. I'm thinking 2-3 weeks at most for theses hybrids.
"IMO/E" the shock should have came and passed within two plus weeks OD.

Vegs said:
I have several Super Silver Haze females that were migrated from indoors hydroponics (LECP) to outdoors (soil) at day 65 due to out-growing it's indoor space. Currently they are at day 130 from seedling and 70 days into flowering. Pre flowers were present at day 60'ish while indoors. When moved outdoors they were conditioned for almost 2 weeks in shade. It's also good to know they were always at 12/12 when indoors. Also, when they were moved outside the light schedule was completely opposite from outdoor.

I understand going from indoor hydro to outdoor soil is nuts but I had to either risk the move outdoors or loose them. So now were are 70 days into it and only 2 are starting to show signs of flowering while the rest appear to be still vegging. They appear to be healthy and have grown quite a bit since being moved outside.

With all this taken into consideration, I suppose I am lucky none died or hermied but I am wondering just how much shock should I expect. I'm getting anxious for some SSH flowers. ;)' Does anyone have experience with these nuances of moving to the outdoors?

Are you saying that you never gave them a vegging period? You went 12/12 from seed inside with a Haze? If so, I would suspect that is a big part of your problem. I would guess that you had quite bad stretch from running your lights 12/12 from seed. On top of that, when you moved the plant outdoors approx 65 days ago, we weren't that far beyond the summer solstice. Although the days were waning, your plant was suddenly given far more than 12 hours of light and almost certainly went into reveg. You are going to have to start counting your flowering time from when you see new preflowers, not 65 days ago when they were put outside.

Thanks guys. I appreciate you both setting me straight. I started them in at 12/12 to utilize the space while Lemon Skunk finished flowering. Despite lots of pruning the SSH was not going to works in my indoor space. It makes sense that moving outdoors in the middle of summer would force them to reveg. It's going to be an early harvest because I will not be able to give then 10+ weeks.

If the haze had had 24/7 light from seed, it might not have stretched to the point of unmanageability. Pruning really cannot make up for a plant given too little light during its "formative" weeks. Let it go as long as you can. Those hazes can be long flowering strains--way more than 10 weeks.

Earlier i also had mentioned that light play a big role in indoor system and if you have the perfect light then it is the best that the plants are grown indoor instead of the out door migration. So prepare the light setup and grow the plants inside.

Latest posts

Back