Industry Standard- Harvest % A bud vs B bud vs Trim Question

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mykecarton

Reaction score
Hello, my name is Mykel and I work for a commerical marijuana company in Massachusetts. I am having some trouble finding solid information or industry standards for what is "typical" for a regular harvest. I am hoping some can share some info from their experience if any data has been collected on a commerical grow scale and would appreciate any input!

Currently is seems that out of a standard harvest (lets say 140lb dried weight) only about 25% goes to A grade flower, 25% B bud (popcorn nugs and preroll material) and about 50% ends up going to be processed into distillate (trim/shake/stems/extraction etc).

Is anyone else tracking what % of their harvest gets allocated into these categories? If so do these numbers seem about average or should there be much more A grade flower coming out of such a harvest? What are your approx percentages of A grade, B grade, and trim per harvest?

Any feedback would be greatly appreciated as it seems tricky to find online! Thanks!

Mykel, I would think you would have a better Idea on those questions than most any hobby grower like we have here. When you say you work for a commercial MJ company what exactly do you do.

Personally I never have given any thought to what % stems my plants produce or how much the fan leaves are a % of the flower and shake. Maybe somebody here actually tracks this. I look mostly at how much flower I get from a plant. The trim and shake goes to hash and kief.

Why would you need a grow forum to answer these questions? Isnt that something you do before you start that kind of business.

Latest posts

Back