Nope. Just don't over load it. Big sur had a good note a few posts back, sometimes you need to slightly bend the blade to be even with the grid across it's width. Take your time, go back and forth. Spin one way, then the other.When using one of these do you break up the big colas before putting in ???
nice!I was cleaning my salad trimmer today, and decided to see if I could make some improvements. I have one from Vivosun, but I'm pretty sure they are all made in the same factory in China somewhere. All the parts are interchangeable by the look of the pics I've seen, and I'm definitely not using a Vivosun blade.
Anyway, I noticed the shaft the blade mounts to is misaligned on mine. The blade tips would touch the grill on one side and still be half an inch away on the other. I wanted to see if I could improve the spacing...
First I drilled out the rivets holding the cover in place. I think it's there to keep the buds out of the center where there's no blade to trim them. I put it back with some screws and nuts when I was finished.
The plate welded to the grill turned out to be the part that's mounted at a slight angle. I made a shim from a plastic plant marker, and slipped it between the plate and the gear housing. It came out pretty close to perfect with just the one shim. I did have to replace the crappy screws they used that none of my screwdrivers could tighten properly.
View attachment 345955
The blade always curves up at the tips which is where most of the cutting happens. I wanted to get them closer to hopefully trim a little closer to the buds. Bending the blade didn't work so well. Even when I got it right, tightening the wing nut in the center would push the tips right back to where they were before. I ended up sliding a piece of the same plastic plant marker between the blade and the top bracket to push the ends down. I found I could adjust the tip height by moving the shims in or out.
View attachment 345957
If I adjusted the tips so they were almost touching I started seeing a lot of bud in the trim bowl. A 1/8" gap all around was about as close as I could get them without damaging the buds. I only had some almost dry bud to play with, so next harvest I will probably have to adjust it a little more.