info needed....

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

buddogmutt

NOT ALLOWED
Reaction score
okay folks....i currently grow indoors...and in an attempt to grow more ive ordered a 10x10x10 greenhouse from home depot...im here's my plan...will this stress my plants to the point of hermi? also any info on a better way to do what im trying to do would be usefull as well...so.i want to veg 6 purple erkle in 3gal pots...a little topping & LST....for 5weeks @ 18/6 under 1000w mh then transfer to 30gal pots/smart bags(not sure witch one yet) and place in greenhouse and let them go til completion...will this be okay??? im sure sum of you outdoor farmers can help a indoor farmer out....thanks

I flowered in a 6x8 gh one winter, using only natural light cycle. Forced to 'supplement' heat at night, and low yeild and potency due to light restrictions (8-9 hr days), "I" abandoned it.

Hick said:
and low yeild and potency due to light restrictions (8-9 hr days)

Ya thats what I was thinking with the extremely short days of winter.

okay...the reason why i considered it in my part of cali..and in a greenhouse..the spot i'll set it up(when it arrives..already ordered) recieves 10-11..11 1/2 hrs of day light..and temps..during winter never drops below 65-60 degrees ...green house is mainly for element protection and privacy...im giving it go..and from what ive read purple strains thrive in slightly colder temps at night anyway to achieve those purple hughes we love so much..6 plants in eventually 30 gal smart pots...this is how i learn...lol..my indoor crop is my quality...im shooting for quanity first in the greenhouse...green house=$329....i'll atleast make my investment back..cant loose!!
6 clones=$ 72
soil=$120
-------
$521

imo it's a great supplement to your indoor show---just keep your eye on the daylight hours in the winter---probably don't want to start anything flowering in the new spot in nov, dec, or jan---i would maybe be finishing up the last couple weeks of flower in those months outside---but---not a whole flower cycle---loads of opportunity to be had doing both in and out---sounds like a great time

lol...thanks..aint nothing to it but to do it..i'll be sure to keep yall posted...

buddogmutt said:
okay...the reason why i considered it in my part of cali..and in a greenhouse..the spot i'll set it up(when it arrives..already ordered) recieves 10-11..11 1/2 hrs of day light..and temps..during winter never drops below 65-60 degrees ...green house is mainly for element protection and privacy...im giving it go..and from what ive read purple strains thrive in slightly colder temps at night anyway to achieve those purple hughes we love so much..6 plants in eventually 30 gal smart pots...this is how i learn...lol..my indoor crop is my quality...im shooting for quanity first in the greenhouse...green house=$329....i'll atleast make my investment back..cant loose!!
6 clones=$ 72
soil=$120
-------
$521

The days are going to keep decreasing until the winter solstice. How many hours of light are you going to have in a couple of months?

im sure not as much....atleast 8....backyard really gets sun all day as long as the sun is out....great location...you'd be amazed how many folks grow year around out here...outdoors...without greenhouses

you have to remember...im asking on the transfer from indoor in 3gal to outdoor in 30gal smart pots....i know i can grow where i am...thats not what im asking...ive never started indoor then switched..im asking the result of the transfer process....

It should be like any other transplant. However, I do not see a need for 30 gal smartpots. Transplanting from 3 gal at the beginning of flowering, IMO, there is no way that the roots are going to need 30 gal of space in the time remaining for them to finish, especially since they will most likely be growing at a much slower rate.

As long as you realize that your yield is going to suffer dramatically from the short days, you should be fine. Clarke showed that yield can be 50% less with even 10 hours of light daily.

Yeah I believe THC production is also affected in a negative way.....shld be interesting to see what you get out of this.

yeah...the outdoor is strictly for the $$$....thats it...and damn!! i already have the 30 gal smartpots...lol...i figured it would allow them to reach peek height what ever that turns out to be...it'll be interesting to see...like i mentioned my indoor are my babies...outdoor just sumthing to do...6 plants outdoors if i pull 3 pounds im happy....lol..well stay tuned and we'll watch it together...lol...thanks for feed back fellow farmers...

PS..hempgoddess....FYI...ive never transplanted ever...i start with clones in 3gal pots and finish in 3gal pots...so the whole transplanting thing is going to be a first for me...thanks again for your input...i know you know your ****!!!!

I don't see you pulling a 1/2 lb per plant under these conditions--5 weeks of veg coupled with weaker light and way less than 12 hours a day of it.

I don't know anything about smartpots and I don't know whether having oversized pots will hurt anything, but with only a 5 week veg, your plants will most likely not even come close to filling the 3 gal pots with roots. If you are filling these with a good soil mixture, that could get expensive.

okay...ive also considered the plants my not flip just by placing them outside, its possible they my continue to veg bescause of natures cycle at the moment...or so ive read...and if thats the case i figured they need the extra room...ive tried to consider as many factors as my limited knowledge allows..lol..and if its a flop...well by then it will be the proper time to do outdoors for real!!!...using FFOF soil still...love it indoors...i have the cost of the set up in a previous thread in this post so if i get a pound ive trippled my investment...i gotta crawl before i walk...thanks again

There is really no reason to believe that they will not go into flowering given the fact that you are dropping the light hours dramatically. "Natures cycle at the moment" dictates that the plant flower. This is a natural response to shortening days. I would be quite surprised if they continued to veg after being put outside this time of year--there is simply no biological reason to think this would happen.

thats even better to hear....my Jack herer indoor will be done in 2wks(11wks total flower)...and while thats drying ill be reloading the tent with clones so the outdoor veg will begin in 2wks from this sunday

Latest posts

Back