Input needed

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bho_expertz

Aloha from Hell
Reaction score
Hi MPers,

Need some input since i'm confused :hubba:

Don't know what i should do ...

So let me explain ... Have 12 clones and 3 mothers. Pinneapple Express from G13 Labs and Cotton Candy from Delicious Seeds. Both with a Sativa dominancy ( tall ladies ).

Want to flower all of them in my 4x4 tent. The mothers are in 3 gallon smartpots.

The clones are rooted and were transplanted yesterday to 1/2 gallon pots. Was thinking in giving 2 weeks veg and transplant them to 2 gallon pots and them flower them ... But have a few 1 gallon smartpots ... So my question is ... What is better ? Or what would you do ? Flower then in regular 2 gallon pots or in 1 gallon smartpots ?

Or would you do things completely different ?

In the pics the bambu sticks have 2 feet.

DSC04039.JPG DSC03995.JPG DSC03996.JPG

DSC04021.JPG DSC04037.JPG

2 gallon pots, veg them a bit and let them go. I didn't notice my PE getting tall, more a nice medium growing "Christmas tree" (without messing with her)...good smoke, wonderful taste!!

2 gallon is better but 1 gallon will work. Just need to water more often

Look into some of HamsterLewis's threads the gerbils a master of the 1 gal pots. As long as you keep on top of the watering you can grow just fine in the 1 gal

Hamster is gifted at that but I am not. You really do have to water all the time in one gallons. Go big, I say. I always veg way long so I can't advise you to veg time.

Truly, if you have room for bigger pots, I'd go as big as you have. I'm sure you know how watering is and all, I'd rather not have to do it any more than the every 3rd day or less I'm doing now (in 10 gal pots). Seems you'll be busy if you go smaller...jmho

But yeah, duck and ozzy are right on.

And Rose is dead on as well....veg them babes big!

Thanks all for the input until now ...

I cannot veg them too much since they are 12 ... have the 3 mothers ... So 15 plants in 4 feet x 4 feet ... under just 600w

OutSide the Box anyone ? Honestly i'm more leaned to go to SmartPots instead of the normal ones ... A side by side would be something nice if i had the time and the pacience ;)

I really like smart pots:aok:

Just need to water more often.

Ran 1 gal organics and that is a bit tougher to do then 5 gal organic.

I do not fore see that problem if using GH3 or similar.

1 gal were not nearly has bushy as 5 gal. And better off growing single cola with no topping.

Thanks pcduck ... I like them too ...

I don't run organics so feeding is something that i do :D

Regarding single cola vs topping ... Still don't know ... Will need to see how they grow ... If they grow good in the next week perhaps will top ... Always have afraid of single cola because of botritys (mold).

Hey bho, why are you doing so many plants? Wouldn't fewer bigger ones be better? Just wondering.

No problemo Rose ;)

I'm finishing one grow now next Saturday ... And i want to fill the tent the faster i can ... That would not be possible with lesser plants cause i would need to veg them more ... My thought was 16 plants but since i also want to flower the mothers now this was the way i figured the situation ...

Just trying to maximize things ...

Me personally? I would put the moms in and veg the little ones longer. Then I would FIM the little ones and tie them down a bit after transplanting them into the final pots. Do as much of this as possible to let the moms have 4 weeks in before putting in 6 of the 12 clones. Keep the other 6 in veg and LST to keep from getting too tall for another 4-5 weeks until the moms come out, then put the other 6 in. This will offset your harvest times by 1 month so that each month you will be harvesting some. :)

Man, 15 plants in a 4x4 will get nuts bro....I wld gve any runts the heave-ho and get the plant count down if you don't hve the room to run a veg tent along with the flower tent. When I hve plants of various sizes in one flower tent I spend a lot of time propping up the smaller ones with various things to get as even a canopy as I can. As for 1 gallon Smart Pots or 2 gallon regular, if you don't like watering every single day in flower go with the 2 gallon pots.
I hve dome a side by side with 1 gallon Smart Pots against one gallon regular pots and the Smart Pots won, but watering is a chore. Jmo

Thanks a lot all for the input ... Will have until Sunday to sort it out ...

If anyone more wants to chime in ... I will be thankfull.

My goal is also to shutdown things in October so i can have a month rest of growing ...

bho_expertz said:
Thanks pcduck ... I like them too ...

I don't run organics so feeding is something that i do :D

Regarding single cola vs topping ... Still don't know ... Will need to see how they grow ... If they grow good in the next week perhaps will top ... Always have afraid of single cola because of botritys (mold).

I don't think you have enough room to top them. You are talking a sq ft per plant...IMO, you are going to be crowded even if you go with a single cola.

I'm in 3 gal pots and I have to water everyday.

But you are having some troubles :D ... I'm looking to the clones ... And to the roots of the clones ...

Sleep on the idea ... And as soon as i can transplant them to the 2 gallon pots they will go there ... and to the tent ...

Perhaps i will go from 12 to 9 and as HL said the runts will trash them ...

Thanks peeps ... You ROCK !!!

Latest posts

Back