Insane's BnB Grow

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Insane

Reaction score
BluNbed AKA Heavenly Blue
Day 10, Vegging with 24/0

So far I'm very pleased with the results I've been having. It is now day 10 since the original pair of leaves popped above the surface, and alternating nodes and starting nice and early, just how I like it
smiley.gif

PS One thing I've been having trouble with is controlling the temperature, sometimes I work long (12 hr+) shifts and the temp can get away from me. Got as high as 90 F yesterday, which you'll notice in the pic of the runt plant, its 89 F at that time. It's fixed now, but definatly something I'll have to keep an eye on. Anyway enough talk..here's some eye candy ;)

PPS I know my grow area isn't as clean as it should be, but this is the last grow I'll be doing with this setup. After this I'm gonna tear it down and have a new setup about double the size.

1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

4.jpg

5.jpg

nice healthy looking plants insane.im thinking of going soil too

Sweet set-up insane. They are nice and green.
hey Gqone soil has its own nest of problems too. Flushing is a pain in the ass, rootbound and transplanting is a pain too. Nutrients can be a hassle too. If you already have the hydro set-up run with it. IMHO. (I'm a soil grower too for the moment, but switching to ebb-n-flo or bubbler for clone flowering)

yea thanks mutt, your right ,its to much of a hassle

Mutt said:
Sweet set-up insane. They are nice and green.
hey Gqone soil has its own nest of problems too. Flushing is a pain in the ass, rootbound and transplanting is a pain too. Nutrients can be a hassle too. If you already have the hydro set-up run with it. IMHO. (I'm a soil grower too for the moment, but switching to ebb-n-flo or bubbler for clone flowering)

IMHO Flushing plants in soil is a pain in the ass but transplanting shouldn't be, if you plan ahead. I've found soil nutrients very easy to use, just follow the directions on the bottle, and NEVER add extra ferts just because you think its a good idea.

Also, many people prefer the taste of soil grown weed to hydro grown, as it sometimes (depending on the grower) has a more natural taste. I simply love growing in soil, getting my hands dirty. If you like that part of it, the real gardening part of getting down 'n dirty, then soil is the way to go for you. If you like your nice clean little hydropussy..*cough cough* I mean hydroponic setup, then all the power to you. (Just kiddin all ya hydro growers out there, you guys grow great plants ;))

and alternating nodes and starting nice and early, just how I like it
???????.."Parallel" nodes yes.."Alternate" nodes..I dun thin' so.
Alternating nodes and preflowrs are a sign of sexual maturity, and won't be reached in most strains before week 4, most later.
"Alternating" nodes means just that, the are not growing out of the meristem parralel(directly adjacent) to each other, but alternating/stairstepped.

Nice looking seedlings though!

Sorry Hick, your right, I didn't meant mature alternating nodes. Just seeing 'baby' growth shoots growing in the alternating pattern, which means the nodes will (hopefully) be nice and tight. I forgot to mention that those pics were taken yesterday, but I didn't have time to post them until earlier this morning, and so when I was talking about them I was giving you todays info and yesterdays pics. With a 24/0 light schedule these babies grow fast at this stage. :D

I certainly wasn't refering to preflowers, sorry for the confusion, my mistake. ;)

whats up Insane. nice looking grow you have there. keep it green, and keep the pics coming. is that a blueberry strain?

THE BROTHER'S GRUNT said:
is that a blueberry strain?

Sure is. Here's the little tidbit of info about the seeds that came with the package in the mail.

BluNbed by Samurai Seeds

"...AKA Heavenly Blue has an aroma of mixed berry marmalade. Bred for its pain relieving properties, it also produces a thunderous high that last for hours. The taste and fruity smell are retained in this predominantly indica plant. In larger dosage expect a heavy body stone with euphoric narcotic high. The plant will respond well to topping for multiple heads and clones like No Other. The high leaf to calyx ratio will have Red, lavender and bluish tints on them. The plants average 4-6 feet and can yield 300grams and up. Outdoor just keep feeding it. You wont want to wash you're hands for a while after working this plant, just rub fingers for instant hash.
AN EXCELLENT STRAIN FOR MEDICINAL USERS!"

With these traits, the BnB should make for some great meds. :)

damn Insane that sounds like some serious medical herb. i cant wait to see the end results.

They look great so far,hope they turn out to all be ladies.I got some of the BNB seeds myself and look forward to trying them.Maybe a outside grow this spring.Good luck my friend.

sicnarf said:
What kind of light do you use man>? Nutes?

I use two 125 watt high output CFLs. For vegging I use one red bulb and one blue bulb, with the plants mostly situated under the blue bulb, with the red bulb acting as more of supplemental light at this point. When flowering I switch out the blue bulb for another red.

I use CFLs because I prefer non ballasted lights. Effective, cheap, safe. I'm actually thinking of adding a 3rd bulb to my grow to boost it to 375 watts for flowering, or I might just wait for the next grow to upgrade on lights again. Or I might just suck it up and buy a 400 watt HPS ;)

For nutes at this early stage in the plants life I think its very important to give them a good boost, but you have to know exactly what your doing, or you can very easily kill your plants. Always follow the directions on the bottle, if your unsure, ask someone.

Seedlings(0-4 wks.) (Very weak solution, used with every watering)
Kickstart by Grotek @ 4ml per litre
Growzyme @ 2ml per litre
Nutriboost (B1) @ 1ml per litre

I haven't use Growzyme before, but it's supposed to be great for helping the root system and main stalk develop..might have to transplant a little sooner than I planned, not a problem.

Nutriboost is just a different B1 Im using rather than use superthrive again.

I use Kickstart by Grotek for all my seedlings, it's a great fert for young plants, and it's only a (1-2-1) so if you follow the directions on the bottle (like you always should!) you'll have nothing to worry about.

Slowhand said:
They look great so far,hope they turn out to all be ladies.I got some of the BNB seeds myself and look forward to trying them.Maybe a outside grow this spring.Good luck my friend.

Im really happy with these seedlings so far, their looking nice and healthy and the stalks a nice and thick for such young plants. Ive got some BnB seeds left over and Im thinking of an outdoor grow this summer, but we'll see what happens. Thanks for the kind words Slowhand, I can't wait to see more of your plants, always beautiful and green ;)

Day 17 - Switched light sched to 18/6 and transplanted to 2 gallon pots 4 days ago.

Because of the space constraints of this grow setup I was forced to chuck two plants. You'll notice the runt and what I considered to be the 2nd smallest of the plants are gone. They were sadly added to a compost pile.

Other than that bit of bad news, Im very happy with how the plants are doing after the transplant.

1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

whats up Insane. your babies are looking great. dont feel bad my first grow i started to many plants and had to toss 8 of them.
00000001.gif
i'm sure the others will make up for it. keep those pics coming and keep your green thumb green.
rauch11.gif

THE BROTHER'S GRUNT said:
whats up Insane. your babies are looking great. dont feel bad my first grow i started to many plants and had to toss 8 of them.
00000001.gif
i'm sure the others will make up for it. keep those pics coming and keep your green thumb green.
rauch11.gif

Thanks B Grunt, don't get me wrong, I'm still very happy with the progress of the remaining 7 (7 is a lucky number and my b day is nov 7th ;)) but I always feel bad about wasting good seeds ya know?

Hey people, just a little update

Doing some LST on my babies, bending the stems over and gently tieing them. You can't really see in yesterdays pics but most of the stems are the thickness of a pencil at its base, so I think they're ready for some LST. I'll post some pics in the next couple days.

Hey insane looks like your grows coming along very well cant wait to see some more pics posted.

Latest posts

Back