insects?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
D

dankels

a few leaves look like the top layer of leaf is gone in small patches and there are a few holes in some, ive seen a couple little flies but killed them and havent seen any since. could this be the larva from those flies or some other kind of insect?

dankels said:
a few leaves look like the top layer of leaf is gone in small patches and there are a few holes in some, ive seen a couple little flies but killed them and havent seen any since. could this be the larva from those flies or some other kind of insect?
Not really sure dankels. Do you have any pics? Are you seeing any bugs on the underside of your leaves?

them flys sound like fungus gnats.real tiny annoying little things.the gnats wont do anything to the plant apart from lay More eggs in the soil but the larvae from them feed on the roots.

to get rid of fungus gnats(if to many)i just place an inch of sand on the top of the soil.the sand is dry and the eggs/larvae need moisture to live so as the sand is dry they cant penetrate it and die.

you just water from the bottom having the pot sit in a container letting it **** it up.the sand will become wet moist for a day or two but dries out real quick.

hope this helps

id look for other critters.fungus gnats are more of a pain in the bum rather than a crop destroyer;)

cranky...

nope sorry tbg unfortunately i dont have a camera, i havent seen any bugs on the underside of the leaf but i did find a little white worm type thing crawling down the stem yesterday but that seemed to be the only one. i have only seen 2 flies and squashed em both and havent seen anymore since. but this has to be some kind of insect ive never seen holes or marks on a leaf like this. thanks for the input fellas

dankels said:
nope sorry tbg unfortunately i dont have a camera, i havent seen any bugs on the underside of the leaf but i did find a little white worm type thing crawling down the stem yesterday but that seemed to be the only one. i have only seen 2 flies and squashed em both and havent seen anymore since. but this has to be some kind of insect ive never seen holes or marks on a leaf like this. thanks for the input fellas
Here is a link to a Organic bug spray provided by Mutt. We used it on our outside plant this year with great results. Give it a try and see if ya can't get rid of your bugs. http://www.marijuanapassion.com/forum/showthread.php?t=2099

Latest posts

Back