Inside vs outside the grow room

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

grodude

Reaction score
Running a 6 bucket uc rdwc system in a 9x5 tent under 2kw. What should go in vs outside my growroom. Reservoir? Chiller? Airpump? I know it will work either way, but does anyone have recommendations on an item you feel makes a significant impact on the grow whether for reasons of heat, noise, etc.

Looking forward to hearing your thoughts!

I try to keep anything that produces heat outside my tent.
I also would keep the Rez outside to keep it cooler.

I try to keep anything that produces heat outside my tent.
I also would keep the Rez outside to keep it cooler.

Thanks! Your input is always appreciated! I have a submersible pump pumping water from my reservoir to the input of my chiller and from the output of the chiller back into my reservoir. I had another individual tell me to keep the reservoir in the grow room to help cool things down there. May I ask your thoughts on that?

That would depend on the individuals grow room.
I would only try that if I was experiencing high temp.
I like have as much space as possible inside for the plants and not for equipment.

I like larger air pumps and extra stone or two for lots of bubbles, but have back up for things. Maybe too expensive for back up chiller but a plan B is needed if you are growing in hot areas.

I really do not think that the res in the grow space is going to have much if any cooling ability. IMO, the only thing that would do would be to raise the temps of the res and cause the chiller to have to work harder.

Like samarta, I like lots of bubbles.

Latest posts

Back