insomnia issues

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

drcree

Reaction score

like many of you, i struggle with occasional insomnia issues and was hoping some/anyone could offer suggestions on strains that have successfully worked for you. i have several varieties on hand, but none seem to stop my brain from churning and give that really nice restful, uninterrupted sleep.

I let a Red Dragon from Barneys farm go a little long in flower last year. It puts me out like a rock! I love my indica but Im not a fan of being put to sleep so fast. I also just finished a Candida from MMG and it has become my go to night cap. It is such a nice mellow relaxing smoke, tastes good to for a high CBD strain. It doesn't make me so much tired as it does to relax and calm my mind, so it may be worth an investigation.

Last edited:
I let a Red Dragon from Barneys farm go a little long in flower last year. It puts me out like a rock! I love my indica but Im not a fan of being put to sleep so fast. I also just finished a Candida from MMG and it has become my go to night cap. It is such a nice mellow relaxing smoke, tastes good too for a high CBD strain. It doesn't make me so much tired as it does to relax and calm my mind, so it may be worth an investigation.
that sounds like a good idea. i want something that will "relax and calm my mind". being tired isn't the issue it's getting the brain to stop.
thank you for your suggestions dogweed.

Well, you freeze you flower and shake in the freezer for 24 hours along with the jar you are going to use to make the oil. When ready, wear gloves as it is cold. cover the pot with the booze. set the timer shake 3 min. Pour that out into a jar and repeat. We do a big jar, but you can use a pint or quart or whatever works. If you have more frozen pot do it again. If you are done, then strain the light green liquid to get out any pot. This is when i put mine in a distiller to reclaim my booze.
Put that in a double boiler and very gently boil off the booze. What you have left is black oil Use a piece of rice size. I will see if i can find a tutorial. So there is a lot on this site if you search RSO, you will get a few more. Let me know if i can help.

whisky does it for me
When I use to drink that was my drink
It would knock me out for 3 hrs and then I would wake up wide awake ,
I had to quit, But then my friend Canna found me her name is indica and she treats me very good in bed now.
After she has her way with me I sleep like a Baby
LOL

When I use to drink that was my drink
It would knock me out for 3 hrs and then I would wake up wide awake ,
I had to quit, But then my friend Canna found me her name is indica and she treats me very good in bed now.
After she has her way with me I sleep like a Baby
LOL
Little bit of both , whiskey puts me to sleep Indi keeps me there

I let a Red Dragon from Barneys farm go a little long in flower last year. It puts me out like a rock! I love my indica but Im not a fan of being put to sleep so fast. I also just finished a Candida from MMG and it has become my go to night cap. It is such a nice mellow relaxing smoke, tastes good to for a high CBD strain. It doesn't make me so much tired as it does to relax and calm my mind, so it may be worth an investigation.
dogweed, i have some critical mass growing now and since it has a higher cbd level it may suffice. i did find both strains you mentioned and will check into it. thanks

Well, you freeze you flower and shake in the freezer for 24 hours along with the jar you are going to use to make the oil. When ready, wear gloves as it is cold. cover the pot with the booze. set the timer shake 3 min. Pour that out into a jar and repeat. We do a big jar, but you can use a pint or quart or whatever works. If you have more frozen pot do it again. If you are done, then strain the light green liquid to get out any pot. This is when i put mine in a distiller to reclaim my booze.
Put that in a double boiler and very gently boil off the booze. What you have left is black oil Use a piece of rice size. I will see if i can find a tutorial. So there is a lot on this site if you search RSO, you will get a few more. Let me know if i can help.
thank you rose. a tutorial would be great!

I really recommend the oil--I have been sleeping great since I started using it. If you are going to be making any amount of RSO, I really recommend a distiller, as per Rosebud's recommendation. You are probably only going to have to make 2 or 3 big batches of RSO to pay for it. I used 3 half-gallon bottles of Everclear ($110) and recovered about 2-1/2 bottles out of the original 3.

like many of you, i struggle with occasional insomnia issues and was hoping some/anyone could offer suggestions on strains that have successfully worked for you. i have several varieties on hand, but none seem to stop my brain from churning and give that really nice restful, uninterrupted sleep.

All weed make me sleep no mater what kind

I have problems with slip. I had insomnia very often, even now I sometimes struggle with it. Once my friend gave me weed to try to get rid of insomnia and it worked. Since then I know for sure that I can fell asleep easily with its help :D Unfortunately, I sometimes have hangovers, so weed is not a daily solution for me. I have to take pills to have a good sleep. I buy them from Canadian Pharmacy from time to time.

Last edited:
I used to run a cut of blackberry trainwreck that would put you out like a Tyson upper cut. I went through about 30 seeds from cannaventure. This leaned to the blackberry kush side and got really frosty. I'd bring to her to almost 9 weeks to get that slap in the face.

Most sleep issues are related to sleep apnea. Google it, if it applies to you, then see a doctor. It is the best place to start if you want to find a long term solution.

Latest posts

Back