insomnia issues

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Life long insomniac here. And one who has gotten SO sick of unsolicited advice, so I’m glad I can answer when you actually solicited some
:wink:

It sounds like you are suffering from something very normal in terms of upsetting sleep cycles and being under the general stress of school, so what I’m going to suggest is what I think can work for people who have very common kinds of insomnia.

The usual suspects of exercise (even when you feel really tired) and healthy diet can help. Also, most doctors agree in order to correct sleep you need to set a time for sleep and try to stay consistent with it, even if it’s not a typical one. I realize that may be out of your control, but it is an important part.

Also, only use your bed for sleep. Don’t get in and read or watch TV or phone surf. Bed is for sleep.

I found some useful info on Canada drugs website.
Does this mean no playful sex while in the bed either? :(

I may need to get a taste for it at this rate lol.

Please don't! Alcohol is not healthy for you, marijuana is; take Roster's advice and make tinctures or even canna caps, shoot, even a good brownie at night made with cannabutter, but please don't start drinking. I wish like anything I could convince my husband not to drink anything anymore.

Alcohol is only dangerous if you abuse it. Just like salt or sugar and many other things. A couple beers a day will not hurt you and definitely helps you sleep,,but i get what your saying.

Yeah im sure your correct about that Grammy. Some ppl cant smoke weed because they are allergic to it.
My shoulder is better but still gives me fits sometimes especially if i turn it wrong. Thanks for asking

Hey brother giggy. Buddy if you know you've got sleep apnea, you've got to do something about it. Especially if you're experiencing Narcolepsy, as you describe. I was diagnosed with sleep apnea about 25 years ago after complaining about chronic fatigue. While I tried cpap, & bipap for 5-6 years, without any noticeable difference. I simply quit using them for the past several years. Last year I was diagnosed with problems with gas exchange in my lungs, and a thickening of the walls of my upper heart. Both directly caused by severe chronic sleep apnea. I seriously was considering Inspire therapy, until the surgeon told me that I was in the grey area on whether it would work for me or not. The surgery, implant, and follow up was too expensive to risk going through for a maybe to me. So I looked into a dental appliance that gently shifts your jaw forward while asleep. Essentially keeping your airway unimpeded. So far, so good. This appliance isn't like the snore no more, although that may work for some, it has to be fitted by a dentist who specializes in them. The dental appliance may, or may not be right for you, but you've got other options worth looking into. People actually die from sleep apnea while they're asleep. Almost like an infant that has SIDS. But the long term effects of untreated SA is just as frightening. One can only imagine the brain damage from stopping breathing for prolonged periods while unconscious over the years. Check out your options.
brother i have already been putting that together. trying to get back in with the va, which is going real slow.

I don't know about you but thc didn't help me when I had insomnia. CBD helped me, even in severe cases of insomnia. Maybe CBD will help you as well as me

brother i have already been putting that together. trying to get back in with the va, which is going real slow.
@giggy Can I ask if you are overweight?
When I was really heavy after being bed ridden from injury unable to walk, (weight gain of 60 pounds) I had sleep apnea well they said I did
They wanted me on Cpap machine whole 9 yds,
I found that by stop eating certain foods before 7pm and no late night snacking a big help, drop a few pounds and it started to stop, lost more and it went away. I have to be very careful now because any weight gain and it comes right back.

Are you waking gasping for breath from nightmare like dreams, or upchucking into your mouth while sleeping, if so you need to seek med/attention. If you throwup into the lungs you most likely get pneumonia at our age , please be careful.

Yes I too was in a recliner at my worst,
Good Luck
OH I almost forgot...........................................
Things spicy foods (mexican italian ...... ) tomato sause and any spicey.............Stay away after 6pm

Last edited by a moderator:
Where ya ay @Cannagrammy

OMG! Trying very hard to survive. Sudden storm, freezing here where we didn't expect it for at least a few more weeks, if not months. Tried getting our 3,000 feet of pipes buried, and insulated here and there, but 1st we didn't make it, so we drained the main incoming from well but the one that brings us water, well it froze and blew the ball valve right off the top. 2 of 4 of our ball valves at the tank burst and now we have 2600 gallons of water creating an ice rink! Soooooo, we had no water.

As if going without water for a couple days isn't bad enough, our solar doesn't have the battery capacity to handle 3-4 days with no sun, so on top of everything, not having power means our RV doesn't have energy to blow the fan of the heater! Yup, it was 37 inside! We had all 5 people (4 adults and a baby), 5 dogs and in our laps, shoulders and even hair, we all had to cuddle chicks. We were all in the main room of our RV to try and create heat. We have a generator, but it was too cold to start at 9 degrees outside.

No power means no charged devices to come check in. Sorry, I've missed you all!

Latest posts

Back