Interested In Making My Own Vape Juice. Where do I start?

Discussion in 'Smoking & Vaporizing Devices' started by GrowRebel, Sep 25, 2019.

1. Sep 25, 2019 #1

GrowRebel

GrowRebel

GrowRebel

Another Female Grower

Hello all. I've tried some of the commercial vape juice, and I liked it. I would like to make my own, and I was wondering if there are other diy folks that can give me some tips and trick, and how to stay away from stuff, to make the vape that is no good.

Just got my harvest for this year in and ready for some THC juice. So if you can direct me to some good tutorials and or videos I would greatly appreciate it.

Thanks for reading my post. ;)

2. Sep 25, 2019 #2

Keef

Keef

Keef

Grow Rebel - Welcome back to MP -- U came to the right place -- U gonna need a Rosen press -- Some of the people who do this will be around shortly !--

3. Sep 26, 2019 #3

GrowRebel

GrowRebel

GrowRebel

Another Female Grower

What is a "Rosen press?"

4. Sep 26, 2019 #4

Keef

Keef

Keef

Hey Rebel !-- At the right temp and pressure hash oil can be squished out of bud or hash !-- A Rosen press can be a commercially available hydrolic press with heated plates
    Or one of the commercially available Rosen Press-- The weed is placed into mesh bags and then between Parchment paper -- Then placed into the press- the heat and pressure force the hash oil thru the mesh bag and out onto the parchment paper for collection !-- If U see a product with "Live Resin" ?-- That means the hash oil was pressed from fresh weed !-- Hash oil can also be collected from Super Critical CO2 extraction -- The hash oil and sometimes a little terepene to make it flow a little better are used to fill vape cartridges !-- Nothing else should be in a cartridge !

5. Sep 27, 2019 #5

GrowRebel

GrowRebel

GrowRebel

Another Female Grower

Hi Keef ... is it possible for you to hook me up with the links to where I can get the press ... vape cartridges and how to use them? Thanks.

6. Sep 27, 2019 #6

The Hemp Goddess

The Hemp Goddess

The Hemp Goddess

Granny Mod Staff Member Admin

So, what are you going to use for a thinner?

7. Sep 30, 2019 #7

GrowRebel

GrowRebel

GrowRebel

Another Female Grower

I have no idea what a thinner is or what kind to use.

8. Sep 30, 2019 #8

The Hemp Goddess

The Hemp Goddess

The Hemp Goddess

Granny Mod Staff Member Admin

You generally cannot use straight oils or other concentrates in a vape. You need some kind of "thinner" or liquidizer to make them thin enough to load into a cartridge. But (and it is a big but), we really don't know what kind of thinner is safe. Many people used either vegetable glycol (VG) or propylene glycol (PG). But now there is evidence that inhaling the vaporized fumes of these products is bad for your lungs. Things like vitamin E acetate and hydrogen cyanide have been found in carts. People are dying but no one knows why. The CDC and doctors have found no definitive common denominator in the illness and deaths. As no one really knows what is causing all this, it might be better to not make and use vape products at all.

Rosin is a purer, thinner extract than many others. It doesn't use any chemicals at all to extract the cannabinoids, just heat and pressure. But it is still too sticky and thick to get into a vape cart without thinning it some. You can smoke rosin, like any other concentrate. Vaping may be more dangerous than smoking.

9. Oct 1, 2019 #9

docfishwrinkle

docfishwrinkle

docfishwrinkle

this guy isn't bad if you can get by his voice. me personally, i avoid all things vape related. way too many variables we have no idea of the affects on the human body.

youtube.com/watch?v=A9yYKEbmugQ&t=521s

Last edited: Oct 1, 2019