interesting problem

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gunnjabsgrow

Reaction score
hi everyone. i am new to this forum but was on og for several years and havent been in forums for a while. i got a new place and a new grow and have some questions

the plant here is a 50/50 x white widow seedling that sprouted out of the ground 9 days ago. the leaf sides are curled up weird and are not crisp or weak. the are flexable. we have them in a soil mix, not much perlite, vercumilate or nothing. just a expensive soil bag mix bought. this plant is currently under a 23w compact flo light and a 50w hps for vegging. we have (4) 400w hps to use for flowering.

if anyone can help us out to tell us what is wrong we would appreiciate it alot.

plant 1.JPG

plant 2.JPG

plant 3.JPG

plant 4.JPG

They look healthy to me man.. some minor leaf deformities are normal with plants.Just keep em healthy and don't kill em with kindness.

Yeah lookin ok,
Yo Gunns the first time I ever saw Duckfoot I was thrown way off what I was used to, and here really isn't so much different maybe. You have a cross, and that means small genetic changes like what you see even with humans, for instance: 4 sons are born to the same set of parents, yet one will have dark brown hair, two are blondes, and one is a redhead, and it doesn't always pan out the same each time either. I have seen duckfoot where the leaves were just like a fat maple leaf, all the way to some strange serated edges that bespoke of something else entirely.
I agree with Mr. Wakenbake and BBP, just set your sails for the cruise and see what happens, but do keep us posted as you got my curiosity peaked now, and thanks for the pics, will be lookin forward to more from ya.
smoke in peace
KingKahuuna

thanks everyone. i was kinda weird that maybe the seeds got messed up cuz i found them in my truck after 2 years of them being lost in there and they went threw big temperature changes as i live in canada. i will keep you all posted. we will take pictures of the plants 1-2 times a week. we will start up a grow show in the grow journal forum.

thanks again

Hey there Gunns,
Man, I really want to follow this grow of yours, cause those leaves are decidedly different. Cool looking I think.

smoke in peace
KingKahuuna

gunnjabsgrow said:
heres a couple new pics of the problem. (or so i thought)
What type of lights are you using and how close are they? Whats the room temp? Kind of looks like some sort of heat prob. Those pics are alot better.

i have a 23w cfl over each plant. then a 50w hps about a foot away. the hps i cant feel any heat from it when my hand is 5 inches away. i have a small 10 inch fan running all day about 6 feet away. the cfls are about 2inches from the tops of the plants. the curled up leaves arent crispy or nothing, i can bend them back to shape with my fingers and they dont break off or nothing, they just bend back. heres a picture of the setup

plant 20.JPG

Try putting the fan a lil closer. See if that makes a diff. If not, it could just be genetics but i'm not sure. Usually when the leaves are curling like that it means they are transpiring too fast from high heat(think I explained it right...Stoney, Mr.WnB where ya at). Whats the room temp?

i dont got anything to check the temp with right now. i will pick something up next thing im out shopping

bombbudpuffa said:
What type of lights are you using and how close are they? Whats the room temp? Kind of looks like some sort of heat prob. Those pics are alot better.

+1

Latest posts

Back