into the outdoors

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

blondlebanese

Reaction score
I want to try vegging indoors under flourecent lights then replanting outside for the flowering. I did it last year at the beginning of august and the plant started flowering as soon as it was over the shock from transplanting it, about three weeks after the repot. i think the grow went well. but, i wonder if there is a better time to move plants outside. maybe time the replant according to number of light hours during the day. this year i'm moving a couple of plants outside at the end of june. maybe the shock will be less because the plant will be in sync with natures time to flower. any opinions about this way to grow will be appreciated. Edison let me know that i use more electricity than anyone else on my block. that's why. growing in so. cal. high in the desert.

I always start mine indoors under fluoros and put them outdoors in June sometime. I think you will see substantially larger plants and more bud putting them out the end of June. However, don't expect the plants to start flowering for a month or more. It will now be the shorter days that slowly triggers the flowering hormone and start the girls blooming.

I generally run my lights 24/7 at first and then cut them to 18/6 a week or two before I plan on putting the plants outside. I am up near the 45th parallel and our days are fairly long at the summer solstice--over 15-1/2 hours of sunlight a day.

How did you do last year putting them out the beginning of August?

they fully matured. I harvested mid November. I almost tripled the yield I would have had indoors. more amber trics than indoors produces.

Latest posts

Back