Introducing nutes.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tonto

Dry as a bone
Reaction score
Okay, I have my Fox Farm Big Bloom ready to go. When I water the plants, they both get 32oz. of water each, once every 3 days. How much FFBB should I add in the first feeding, and how much should I increase thereafter? Should I spray the leaves themselves as well? I will only add nutes in every other watering.... I know you should start low, but how much to add to a 32oz. container for the first feed? TIA

No one?

Well, since my 32oz. container is 1/4 of a gallon, I would figure that 1.4 of the nutes would be needed. So, that means 1 TBSP per 32oz...... which is where I'll start. If anyone has some insight, let me know!

i started have 1/4 of recommended nutrients and slowly introduced it on each watering I increased dosage by quarters..

i started at 1/3 the the weakest recomended dose

Well okay. I figure if it calls for 4 tablespoons per gallon, then 1/3 of a tablespoon for 32oz. is good, which is a teaspoon. I'll start there and increase each feeding to full strength.

Fluid1 said:
I figure if it calls for 4 tablespoons per gallon, then 1/3 of a tablespoon for 32oz. is good, which is a teaspoon.

max dose recommended is 1 table spoon per gal of water and I usally start out at 1/2 that becouse the plants are usally old enough to handle it by this time

1 tsp/32 0z might be just a little bit hot so keep an eye out for leaf tip

I most definitely will....but I'm not sure where you get the 1TBSP per gallon from.... I'l literally looking at the bottle of FFBB right now, and it's calling for:

Every watering: 4TBSP per gallon
Heavy feeding: 1/2 cup per gallon every 7-10 days
Foliar feeding: 2 tablespoons per gallon

I'll keep an eye on the plant I fed, but as a precaution I did add probably 16oz extra of just water after I put the 32oz with 1 teaspoon of nutes in, because I was wary, being it the plant's first time.

Thanks for the reply!!!

Fluid1 said:
Every watering: 4TBSP per gallon
Heavy feeding: 1/2 cup per gallon every 7-10 days
Foliar feeding: 2 tablespoons per gallon

trust me that is way to hot for marijuana....

look at there feed chart for soil...max is 1 tblsp per gal. in flower ;)

dont even give my veggies more than 1

there's a foxfarms feed chart around here somewhere.... check it out and start at 1/4 strenth and work up from there

I've seen it, but it doesn't make any sense to me :(
But I'll ease up about half what I used.

FF "Big Bloom" = 0.01-0.3-0.7... very weak, 4 tbsp p/gal
You should be useing their "Tiger Bloom"(2-8-4) in conjunction 1 tbsp p/gal

has anyone grown indoors without any nutrients? I pretty much did until I started flowering, but realized how important it is, but I know people that dont use any nutrients outdoors and some how their plant looks better then the ones grown indoors...

I wonder if anyone could tell me what the difference is...

Is it better to catch rain into a container and use that for watering?

Well, Hick seems to be right, as the plants didn't seem to be affected at all by the nutes... I guess I'll up the dose and try again :D

Latest posts

Back