IOLE`s journal, first timer, need all the help

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

iole

Reaction score
Hey guys, I already started a thread on Indoor Growing and they suggested coming here. I have 4 tiny pots w/ a seed each, two have popped out and two haven`t. I leave them outside for a while each day when its warm and sunny, when it starts getting cooler I put them behind the window where the sun can still get to them, then I take them inside and stick them under my desk lamp for a few hours (poor plants). I have no idea what kind of seeds they are, they were taken off of some pot I got. Its day five and they look like this

Day 5.jpg

Desk lamp isn't doing a thing. Incadescent bulbs send too much of the green spectrum which is being reflected off the leaves. you need at least 2 compact florous on there. Wal-mart has em cheap get at least the 30W cool white ones. ;) they have a dual pack for 10 bucks I think. Inside or outside. best to pick a path and go indoor or outdoor. your confusing the plant with the excess stress. IMO. Both are two different ways of growing. If you pick one then we'll be able to help you with your grow correctly. You will need supplies either way you go. Best to come up with a budget. Indoor your looking at 50 bucks minimum.

Looks like I`ll be doing outdoor, thing is that I dont get that many hours of sunlight, would it hurt the plant or simply slow down its growth? SO better w/out light than w/ the desk lamp? How does the plant look? I live in Italy by the way. Thanks guys, looks I'll be switching off the lamp

iole said:
I live in Italy by the way.

There are a few outdoor growers here. I'll let them help you from here on out. ;) .

I have no idea of your growing conditions or climate. That makes it pretty difficult for me to give good advice. But I can give some general applicable ideas.
A flourescent lamp is a much better choice for supplementing light. I would advise 16 hrs of light and 8 hours of "Total" darkness. Plant outdoors after fear of the final frost has passed.
How are they doing?

i guess now is a good time to get a head start on outdoor plants. im glad i had this reminder.

They are doing good, the first two that popped out are about 2" tall and have two edgy leaves each, nice and green. the other two that popped out later are half the size and one is a bit weak looking, but its so young. I need to get fluoros, havent had any time though.

I changed the pot for a couple of them and put them outside, nice day today warm and not windy. How do they look? Anything I should do?
thanks

Day 11.jpg

whats up iole.
061.gif
your babies are looking great. might want to add a bit more dirt in a few of those pots so the stems on the plants will be more stable. other than that great job.
071.gif

looking great!!
some air circulating across those leaves(a fan while indoors) will improve the strength of those stems.

Guys, don`t want to be rude or anything but I sincerely don`t give a damn about your personal discussions, I thought this thread was here for me to get some tips on how to handle the growing. Thanks to those who helped btw.
When should I start adding fertilizers?

How do I know the damn cops wont track my ip through this site?

iole said:
Guys, don`t want to be rude or anything but I sincerely don`t give a damn about your personal discussions, I thought this thread was here for me to get some tips on how to handle the growing. Thanks to those who helped btw.
When should I start adding fertilizers?

How do I know the damn cops wont track my ip through this site?

Wait until about week two.

Server is in Amsterdam. Don't think it is an issue. Post the same question in Suggestions section of the forum. MarPassion is the administrator and would be able to explain it.

Yes, this was his thread and his questions should be answered accuratley. but I know I speak for Hick as well, we don't beleive in censorship and don't edit posts or anything. That should be a perk to the site. Not a negative aspect.

iole..cleaned this up for you..
You are welcome :D

I got a 250W potassium lamp, any good?
For now Im still using good old sunlight, they are growing slowly but steadily. How fast should they be growing? thanks

HELP!!!
I put the plants outside, sunny warm day. I left, and by the time I came back it had gotten dark and a little cold and my mom had forgotten to take the plants inside. So I found them with droopy leaves and the whole plant had kinda fallen over, pulled them inside and gave them water...are they dead?? what do I do??

whats up iole. you baby is doing great. it might seem like she is growing slow but you have to remember your growing outside and you dont have lights on them 24/7.

you should grow inside under a floresent for veg ,and transplant it outside for flowering

Latest posts

Back