ipower

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gunsmoke

class of 78"
Reaction score
Would 1 of these cheap digital 400 watt setups attract attention from cable company cops etc. ? Being dimmable would be nice but not worth getting busted for.
The digital ipower 400 watt switchable dimmable ballast with wires reflector mh & hps bulbs
Cost about $78.00 free shipping on ebay.

The power company doesn't care how much power you chooch as long as you pay the bill on time.

How big is your space?

I have heard some bad talk ok ipower ballast not lasting. People say apollo is a better choice. I can't say forsure cause I have never used either one.

I am concerned about emf being detected. And this is for most electronic ballast's. So is this just talk or do you need to worry about the cable company or Internet getting interference?
Especially if you live inside of town.
I wish I could get a good answer there is all kinds of differing opinions online so I figure this is the best place for a true answer considering the safety involved.
Thanks for any help!

The only thing I have heard is a digital ballast running on same frequency as your modem and causing problems.
The cable guy will narc if he sees it but that's the only tip off I'd worrie about them.

I use an Ipower 600 digital an havent had any problems, great light an it will run MH or HPS. Im getting ready to buy another one for another room. BtL

I believe that you are worrying unnecessarily. Most ballasts nowadays do not interfere with cable/satellite reception. And I doubt the cable guy would nark you out. There are other things than digital ballasts that interfere with reception and there are other reasons that people may have for running digital ballasts than growing cannabis. When I was plumbing for someone else, we were told in no uncertain terms that what went on in other people's homes was NONE of our business and we were to keep our mouths shut or we would be out of a job.

I have never used an ipower, but I would not be afraid of being busted because of a digital ballast. I have not even heard of this happening for many years. I believe that manufacturers of both cable equipment and digi ballasts have taken steps to shield cables and such to prevent this kind of interference.

You will always get differing "opinions". I personally believe this. People do not get busted because of cable interference or high electrical usage. People get busted because they are stupid--they tell other people, they do not take care of odors, they leave growing debris lying around, etc, etc.

Getting busted for something like a digi ballast is so far down my list of worries as to be virtually non-existent. It is somewhere below getting attacked by a Bigfoot.

Just don't be messin' with sasquatch.

Yup Tell no one. Be very smart about this. Let stuff cool off before you take to grow spot. I also think you are worrying about stuff that is small lots more to be paranoid about .

All these companies really care about is that you pay your bill. Period. Don't sweat the small stuff.

I'd be more worried about the garbage man. Like hammy said pay bill no problems.

I have seen some big footprints down by the creek--- does bigfoot wear nike's?
I have dish so it wouldn't matter anyway. Dammed mexican Weed gives me the paranoids and munchies. You folks are so lucky where it's legal.

If it 's the one from the comercials, it might.

Latest posts

Back